Bethesda , Maryland , United States | NIH | Contract
• Gather and analyze project technical and non-technical
requirements, document requirements and transfer the knowledge to
the development team.
• Gather and understand customer / end-user requirements by
conducting research, interviewing end-users, stakeholders and job
• Take responsibility for the overall application development
lifecycle, including ensuring that project deliverables meet or
exceed policies, procedures, and standards.
• Assists the Project Manager in developing the Work Breakdown
Structure to organize the total work scope of the project.
• Collaborate with development team in designing the
application/functionality, database, reports, and processes to help
in accomplishing stated business needs in the most efficient way
• Suggest improvements or enhancements to processes and systems
to increase customer satisfaction or improve productivity.
• Present functional specifications to internal stakeholders for
review/acceptance and compliance with requirements.
• Facilitate and lead meetings with various internal and
• Participate in impact analysis of changes to systems
identifying the risks, benefits and costs associated with the
• Evaluate and assess the risk in collaboration with Business
Owners and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
• Ensure accuracy, completeness, clarity and simplification of
functional specifications and obtain and ensure end user acceptance
and understanding of functional specifications.
• Create and manage process workflows, diagrams, wireframes and
other project deliverables.
• Work closely with developers and testers to ensure
requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into
working technical designs and that test plans and scripts serve
customer needs and business scenarios.
• Manages requirements traceability information and tracks
requirements status throughout the project.
• Develops, conducts, and coordinates Testing and Validation
• Strong knowledge of business process analysis, requirements
analysis, and software analysis and design.
• Demonstrates a high level of working knowledge with
Information Security and Technology methodologies and processes
(i.e. Project Life Cycle, System Development Life Cycle and Change
• Knowledge of business analysis techniques such as
interviewing, brainstorming, modeling, risk analysis, estimating,
and peer review.
• Experience collaborating with customer representatives,
program management, and quality managers to define and document
• Act as a liaison between the business and IT Team in
translating complex business needs into requirements
• Responsible for ensuring change control and change management
procedures are followed within the project team.
• Demonstrated multi-tasking ability, problem solving
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proven
ability to ask probing questions to business team members.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
• Regularly interface with various cross-functional teams
throughout the organization