Amazon Books Lead Retail Associate - Bethesda MA About the
Join the Amazon Stores team that launched Amazon Books and
Amazon 4-star. Our stores provide a unique, physical extension of
Amazon.com through a highly curated assortment of unique in-store
shopping experience where customers can discover the next product
they’ll love and interact with our knowledgeable and engaging
associates. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that
is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the
place for you.
About the Role
We are looking for a Lead Retail Associate who can bring
Amazon’s customer obsession to life in a retail environment and
make Amazon stores a destination for discovering the best that
Amazon.com has to offer, whether that be books, devices, services,
or other highly rated products from Amazon.com. You will assist the
manager with store operations, maintain a key to the store and have
floor leader responsibilities. You will play a vital role in
modeling expectations for associates and contribute to a strong
culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, continuous
learning, and fun.
In this role, you will:
• Be an expert in interacting with customers by effectively
using customer engagement strategies and model desired behavior for
the rest of the team.
• Maintain deep product knowledge with the ability to clearly
and effectively communicate and demonstrate product features,
pricing, and program offers to customers.
• Provide ongoing training in areas including demo and selling
skills, product knowledge, and store operations, and assist manager
in identifying training needs.
• Maintain a key to the store and open and close the store
following the proper procedures.
• Support floor leader responsibilities including providing
peer-to-peer feedback on processes and standards, serving as the
escalation point to assist associate peers in solving customer
issues where appropriate, training, deploying labor, and ensuring
the team takes required breaks and lunches.
• Support supervisory tasks such as scheduling, payroll
management, timesheet verification, and time and attendance.
• Participate in associate onboarding and in associate
interviews as required.
• Contribute to continuous improvement of the customer
experience and store operations by participating in the development
of best practices and continuous product knowledge.
• Assist manager with operational functions, including
merchandising, safety, reporting, and supply orders.
• Help identify and communicate barriers and trends that
contribute to the customer and associate experience and support the
manager in building a strong store culture.
• Troubleshoot on-site, ensuring all product displays are
working properly and assisting customers with products they have
• Work with manager to maintain the physical safety of the
merchandise and the store.
• Work in a fast changing and ambiguous environment.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
· Work flexible hours including nights, weekends and
· You have the ability to lift up to 49 pounds and be on your
feet for a shift, up to 10 hours at a time with or without
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age. Amazon does not
sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other
non-immigrant visas, for this role.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS · High School or equivalent diploma
· 1+ years experience in a retail or customer facing
· Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
· Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B,
TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS · Prior experience working in Amazon
· Prior merchandising or planogram experience
· Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word,
· Prior experience in training others
· Strong verbal communication and customer service skills
· Previous experience in providing peer-to-peer feedback
· Demonstrated success in problem solving and delivering
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women /
Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /