Posted on: February 25, 2021
SPN Solutions is seeking to hire a senior level, skilled
System/Server Engineer to support ongoing critical requirements
with one of our Defense customers in Bethesda, MD. The
System/Server Engineer will be responsible to Demonstrate an
ability to independently design, configure, test, implement and
maintain network system server support activities, and ability to
support application programmers working in that environment. The
System/Server Engineer will function as part of a team, inclusive
of customers, and must demonstrate sufficient written and
communication skills to ensure success.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with blade architecture,
virtualization technologies, Active Directory management, group
policy, applications support, and storage solutions.
- Flexible work schedule to provide support for after-hours
downtime and issues as needed.
- Work with Information Assurance engineers to ensure all systems
and servers meet DoD RMF requirements.
- Improves quality results by implementing unit, system, and
integration testing cycles.
- Proactively identifies and communicates risks to project
- Monitors and drives resolution of issues.
- Adheres to Governance, PM methods, and tools/templates as
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Excellent communication skills, able to explain complex
technical structures in an understandable user-friendly format.
- Minimum 3+ years hands on experience.
- Four-year bachelor's degree.
- Requires an active Secret
- Must meet DOD 8570 requirements.
- MCITP, MCSE, VCP Certification or Equivalent experience
- Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make
effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to
- Extensive knowledge of project management processes, systems
development methods, organizational change management concepts, and
business process improvement methods.
- In-depth knowledge of project planning techniques and automated
project planning tools.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Experience with project cost management and resource capacity
- Experience with Business Process development and Change
SPN Solutions is an 8A Certified (SBA) Small Business that provides
IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT
programs and provides mission support services to customers in the
Defense, Federal Civilian Government and Commercial sectors. Our
values are the standards that inform and inspire all our activities
and distinguish us as a corporation.
At SPN, we have a corporate culture which fosters creative
thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less
than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core
principles daily through our corporate Values and culture.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision plans available for
you and your family
- Premier 401k retirement plan with corporate matching
- Generous vacation and sick leave plan
- Parental leave plan
- Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Free gourmet coffee, tea, fresh fruits and healthy snacking
SPN Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex,
physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any
other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local
statutes. SPN Solutions Inc. will treat all employees equally with
respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including
upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and
conditions of employment.
Keywords: SPN, Bethesda , System/Server Engineer, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!