IT Communications Specialist
Company: ICF Olson
Posted on: April 3, 2021
ICF is seeking an IT Communications Specialist to support the
National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of the Chief Information
Officer (OCIO). We are seeking someone with experience working on
developing a wide-range of communications to support NIH OCIO
strategic direction and operational initiatives. The individual
will be responsible for information security service desk
management to provide NIH employees and contractors assistance with
questions/problems concerning NIH information security and privacy
standards, policies, procedures, Assessment and Authorization
(A&A) artifacts, and any other security-related
Key Responsibilities:The Contractor shall support the strategic and
operational communications needs of OCIO Offices.Strategic
- Create communications using various media to articulate complex
strategic IT concepts and plans that are meant to inform and
persuade audiences made up of NIH and other Federal executive
leaders, as well as broad stakeholder groups.
- Provide speaker logistical support, agenda development and
presentation development for the ITMC-SPS presentation for the NIH
Chief Information Security Office (CISO).Operational Communications
- Develop communications on behalf of executive leadership and
- Write and edit various documents, newsletters, briefings,
- Develop graphics, charts, and other visual objects that lend
additional meaning to operational communications.
- Create, maintain and update various distribution lists.
- Send out email blasts of FAQs on a monthly basis.
- Provide conference logistical meeting support, including
presentation and briefing development, audio-visual and
teleconference support, agenda development, recording minutes,
documenting action items and following up on action items.
- Develop and maintain an OCIO Template Library to include; but
not limited to: MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS, Excel, IC Dashboards,
Data Calls, Weekly InfoSec Emails, Ad hoc/ Emergent emails, and
Quarterly Program Accomplishments.
- Provide streamlined Weekly Communications to multiple
- NIH Chief Information Officers and Information Systems Security
- NIH Information Security Program Staff
- Develop quarterly Information Security Administration Office
(ISAO) accomplishments and security metrics.
- Develop professional graphic images that communicate abstract
concepts visually for use in various media.--Customer Support
- As part of a team, assist to create, maintain, and monitor the
CISO Support Services mailbox.
- Review, assess and respond to email requests.
- Create ServiceNow tickets and assign tickets to the proper
Security Program Area.
- Direct inquiries to the proper resource when necessary
- Track and document responses to resolution.
- Manage and measure the effectiveness of the Security Service
Desk support function.
- Maintain a repository of frequently asked questions (FAQ) and
subject matter experts.
- Provide explanations of the applicability of information
security requirements to NIH employees and contractors.
- Providing technical assistance to NIH employees and contractors
on usage and functionality questions related to the A&A
document tracking and reporting.
- Provide technical assistance to NIH employees and contractors
on application of the information security requirements to specific
business and technical situations and settings.
- Assess Program's response to customers by tracking response
time and closing of ServiceNow tickets.
- Migrating tasks and inquiries from the mailbox to
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of experience with IT communications and customer
service help desk.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational skills, and ability
to interface effectively with all executive level staff.
- Strong communications implementation skills, detail, and
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and able to monitor and
support projects in a timely manner.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions to
clients' communications challenges/problems.
- Must be a team player, with the ability to work in a fast
paced, client-oriented environment with efficient team members and
a variety of stakeholdersWorking at ICFWorking at ICF means
applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to
help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate,
innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented
challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around
the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open
communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to
make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find
your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.ICF is an equal
opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE -
Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability
Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information,
please read our EEO & AA policy .Reasonable Accommodations are
available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in
all phases of the application and employment process. To request an
accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be
happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept
confidential and will be used only to the extent required to
provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about
non-discrimination:-- EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement
. Maryland Client Office (MD88) ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global
consulting services company with over 7,000 full and part-time
employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF,
business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital
strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched
industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to
help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969,
public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate
change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
Keywords: ICF Olson, Bethesda , IT Communications Specialist, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!