Senior Systems Engineer, Remote
Posted on: April 5, 2021
A Senior Systems Engineer administers the operations of
corporate systems at Aledade and provides support to a widely
dispersed workforce. The selected candidate has an opportunity to
make a difference in shaping the quickly growing organization's IT
systems. This position reports to Director, Corporate Systems and
can be based out of Bethesda, Maryland headquarters location or be
fully remote. As a Sr. Systems Engineer you will be responsible
- Onboarding of new employees, imaging laptops, account creation
in multiple cloud and on-premise systems.
- Administration and operations of corporate systems including
maintenance of cloud-based systems and applications, operating
systems, servers, and end-user workstations at Aledade.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any IT service issues related to
Corporate Systems environment, including operating systems and
- Deploy, configure and troubleshoot Windows and Mac operating
- Oversight and analysis of service desk program, including
responding to requests in a timely manner.
- Research innovative technologies and leverage optimization
techniques to ensure that systems operate efficiently.
- Develop, document and enhance system administration processes,
procedures and tools.
- Work with third-party vendors and consultants on developing
- Build and implement software standards for servers, operating
systems, and end-user workstations.
- Implement and maintain a systems business impact assessment to
prioritize system recovery in the event of a failure.
- Perform critical system maintenance to increase efficiency and
- Build and maintain the operations of all virtual, web, and
client systems to ensure availability.
- Work closely with various technical teams (Information
Security, DevOps, Applications, and others) to troubleshoot issues
and ensure our customers' satisfaction and the overall health of
our various environments.
- Propose and implement system enhancements (software and
hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability
of the systems infrastructure.
- Provide input to capacity planning and scalability to ensure
systems are optimized to handle our continuing growth.
- Coordinate and troubleshoot IT services including systems,
network, telephony, Audio/Visual conferencing.
- Serve as an IT business partner for internal departments on
administrative or technical matters, as well as assigned
- Involvement in hardware procurement, system planning,
upgrading, monitoring, testing, troubleshooting and servicing.
- Use skills as an experienced professional with a full
understanding of industry practices and company policies and
- Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as
- Demonstrate considerable judgment in selecting methods and
techniques for obtaining solutions. What We Value:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
or related field.
- 6+ years of experience in Information Technology support
- 4+ years of vendor management.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience with cloud productivity suites (Google G Suite,
Microsoft Office 365).
- Experience with Endpoint Management.
- Experience with Mobile Device Management.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly and
- Strong logical and analytical thinker.
- Ability to find root causes of problems and quickly determine
- Ability to anticipate risks and mitigate in the moment.
- Comfortable under high-stress and exhibits poise and
- Outstanding customer service, communication, and documentation
skills, as well as ability to effectively interact and communicate
with cross-functional teams.
- Strong experience with Windows system administration, including
automated installation, shell scripting, maintenance, and
- Experience with automating tasks and utilizing proper change
- Ability to document current requirements and enhance existing
processes throughout our infrastructure.
- Be familiar with ITIL framework
- Solid understanding of networking concepts (e.g. Systems,
Protocols, Directory Services).Skilled in light programming,
project management of initiatives, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team whilst demonstrating
flexibility, autonomy and a desire to make things happen.
- Occasional off-hours maintenance work. If you are passionate
about transforming the healthcare system into one that best serves
the needs of patients, doctors, and society, we'd love for you to
join us! Who We Are: Aledade is a leader in population health that
is using innovative, value based solutions to transform the way
physicians interact with their patients. We are on a mission to
change healthcare for the better and solve complex problems within
the healthcare system.-- We follow the simple but radical idea that
Aledade only succeeds when our partner practices succeed. From our
cutting-edge technology platform to practice transformation
services, we provide physicians with everything they need to create
and run an accountable care organization (ACO ), revamping the way
they practice and getting them back to where they should be:
quarterbacking their patients' health care! Our customized
solutions help clinicians in communities across America preserve
their autonomy, deliver better care to their patients, reduce
overall costs, and keep independent physician practices
flourishing. What Does This Mean for You? At Aledade, you will be
part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling
complex issues with respect, open-mindedness, and a desire to
learn. You will work with team members that bring a wide range of
experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs, and achievements to
their work, united by a shared passion for public health and a
commitment to the Aledade mission. We've recently been recognized
as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Best Workplace in
HealthCare & Biopharma, Top 100 Best Small & Medium Workplaces,
Glassdoor Best Places to Work, a Best and Brightest Companies to
Work for in the Nation, a Tech Tribune 10 Best Tech Startups in
Maryland and Bethesda, Best Tech for Good, Best Workplaces for
Millennials, Best Workplaces for Women, Best Workplaces for
Parents, and a 2020 Inno on Fire by DC Inno. That's because the
things that matter to you also matter to us! In addition to time
off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the
following comprehensive benefits package designed for the needs of
our team-members: Flexible work schedules and ability to work
remotely available for many roles Educational Assistant Program
Robust time off plan (21 days of PTO in your first year!) 10 paid
holidays 12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents 6 weeks
paid sabbatical Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80%
for employees, dependents, and domestic partners 401(k) with up to
4% match Stock options Monthly cell phone stipend-- Weekly catered
lunches Jeans everyday workplace Gender neutral bathrooms-- And
more! At Aledade, we don't just accept differences, we celebrate
them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified
individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and
work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and
decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications,
performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will
receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race,
color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or
medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender
identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital
status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Keywords: Aledade, Bethesda , Senior Systems Engineer, Remote, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!