Research Program Specialist II
Company: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Posted on: April 4, 2021
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees
embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are
the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to
sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on
what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work.
We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we
can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond
boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all
who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support
one another. POSITION SUMMARY: The Research Program Specialist will
report to the Research Program Manager for the Success with
Therapies Research Consortium. This position will provide central
program coordination and support for the Success with Therapies
Research Consortium (STRC) within the CF Foundation's Partnerships
for Sustaining Daily Care (PSDC) program. He/she will be part of an
integrated team interfacing with Investigators as well as the Study
Management Core, the Data Management Core, the PSDC team, and
multiple CFF departments. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide program support for daily operations of the central
STRC systems including administrative maintenance of communication
platforms (e.g., SharePoint, Teams), and compliance with policies
- Serve as project manager in support of STRC committees and
working groups to ensure they operate within their charge to
efficiently achieve their goals.
- Curate content on STRC communication platforms to promote and
facilitate dialogue on projects between STRC stakeholders.
- Facilitate the collection of feedback across STRC stakeholders;
analyze feedback for common themes and synthesize reports and
- Facilitate communication between all STRC stakeholders
including investigators, community members and the CFF
- Draft and disseminate consortium-wide communications including
reports, presentations and documents for internal and external
- Coordinate virtual and in-person meeting logistics in
conjunction with CFF meetings and IT staff.
- Create, update and maintain organization and tracking systems
of identified projects and issues.
- Communicate issues to supervisor and consortium co-chairs in a
- Provide operational support including processing invoices and
honorariums for STRC and for broader PSDC projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral, Social Science or related
- Minimum of four years of experience supporting programmatic
efforts in research, healthcare or public health.
- Knowledge of software applications (including database
applications), and proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook & SharePoint); ability to quickly learn and
utilize computer applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal
- Excellent organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ablility to document meeting minutes and follow up on action
- Ablility to establish and maintain effective working
- Ablility to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ablility to manage multiple projects and effectively prioritize
tasks in a fast-paced environment. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
- This position reports to the Clinical Affairs Research Program
Manager. No direct reports. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Position requires working in a standard office environment.
Some travel to meetings is required.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive
noise, dust and temperature.
- No heavy lifting required.
- Minimal travel (e.g., 2x/yr.) to conferences and meetings, as
necessary. The above is intended to describe the general content of
and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions,
responsibilities or requirements. The CF Foundation is an equal
opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of
choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive
place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse
workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability,
color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age,
sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender
identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a
Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic
protected by law. Reasonable Accommodation Notice The CF Foundation
is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If
you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due
to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org. With more than
70 chapters and offices across the country, it's easy to find and
join a local Cystic Fibrosis Foundation chapter near you. 4550
Suite 1100 N
Bethesda, MD 20814 301-951-4422 We will not rest until we find a
Keywords: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Bethesda , Research Program Specialist II, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!