Legal Assistant and Law Clerk
Company: Walker & Dunlop
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position provides support to the Executive Vice President and
General Counsel and the Deputy General Counsel; performs a variety
of administrative, technical, and paralegal functions. The position
involves regular interaction with other Senior Executives and the
Board of Directors.
Ready to bring your whole self to work every day? At Walker &
Dunlop, we didn't get to where we are by hiring ordinary
individuals. We got here by hiring the exceptional! WD is looking
for individuals who are caring, collaborative, driven, insightful,
and tenacious to join our team!
Education and Experience
- Organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel,
conferences, and department activities.
- Coordinates corporate board meetings and conferences, including
scheduling, correspondence, board book preparation and board
meeting records, including using the Diligent Board Portal
- Researches and analyzes law sources such as statutes, recorded
judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and
- Prepares, edit, and proofreads legal documents for review,
approval, and use by General Counsel and Deputy General
- Develops, maintains, and updates record keeping for the Legal
- Handles department administration, including preparing expense
reports, distributing mail.
- Answer phones, take messages, and field/answer all routine
questions; prioritizes incoming information; work in cooperation
with other assistants to cover phones.
- Maintains contact list and task list as necessary, using
Outlook, Salesforce, and other technology solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.
- 3 - 5 years of paralegal or other experience supporting
executives in a corporate environment a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail, judgment, flexibility, and
- Strong business sense and ability to prioritize work as well as
to find solutions to various problems while prioritizing and
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in or experience with real estate finance.
- Demonstrated learning orientation.
- High level of interpersonal skills and maturity to handle
sensitive and confidential information. Position continually
requires poise, tact, diplomacy, and initiative.
- Ability to work as a part of a team, while providing a strong
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word,
Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Board portal software.
- Familiarity with contact management systems (e.g., Outlook,
Apple Products, Salesforce, Sharepoint).
Still reading? Then we think you should apply!
Walker & Dunlop is an equal employment opportunity employer and
does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin,
religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex, age,
disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Please be wary of recruitment scams. An indication of a scam might
be a request for sensitive or bank information at the time of
application or emails coming from a non walkerdunlop.com email
address. Please call us at 301.215.5500, if you have any concerns
about information requested during or after the application
Keywords: Walker & Dunlop, Bethesda , Legal Assistant and Law Clerk, Other , bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!