Company: Gridiron IT Solutions LLC
Posted on: May 3, 2021
GridIron IT is seeking an Azure Engineer to support a federal
client in Bethesda, MD.
Ability to obtain Public Trust required Duties and Responsibilities
The engineer will design, build, and provide implementation
guidance and support for a diverse set of cloud environments
(Dev/Test, Integration, Stage, PROD etc.) composed of Azure for
PaaS/IaaS/SaaS (including the secure build-out of a new DevOps
environment for application delivery) as well as Software-defined
network infrastructure technologies focused on security, services
operations, e.g. networking, firewall management, proxy, IT health
check management, backup, recovery, event management, patching,
monitoring, etc. Their specific duties will include, but not be
limited to, the following: - Provide leadership in developing
innovative service capabilities for Azure Cloud and in managing
Azure capability projects.
- Responsible for developing strategies, technology, tools,
methods, services and solutions that position GRSi as a recognized
leader in providing Azure cloud service for our Clients.
- Design and develop automation to support continuous delivery and
continuous integration processes, analyze client workflows, and
determine the best solutions for a successful enterprise Azure
- Work with business stakeholders and senior leaders to deliver on
complex, enterprise-level initiatives that are a part of the
company's overall strategic direction.
- Utilize automation tools such as Chef, Jenkins, Git, Electric
Flow (Electric Cloud), or similar tools.
- Assist with upgrading, installing, and configuring monitoring
solutions for Azure for Windows and Linux servers.
- Manage firewalls, VPNs, and remote access to servers, based on
different user roles and access requirements.
- Work in a DevOps capacity with a desire to automate all
repetitive processes within the Azure environment.
- Maintain end-to-end security ensuring best practices are always
- Provision and maintain all servers using configuration management
tools, including Chef.
- Develop solutions using cloud services. Research into, and
implementation of, new Azure tools to improve efficiency,
performance, and cost-effectiveness.
- Working knowledge of supporting IT infrastructure technologies
and standards including software & hardware life cycle, system
configuration policies, security, hardening, High Availability,
Disaster Recovery etc.
- Monitor and report to management on actual and projected
Required Experience - Delivering Infrastructure as Code using
- Cloud orchestration and automation tools.
- Providing continuous monitoring and support.
- Delivering solutions using Agile methodologies.
- Experience with automation tools within an Azure environment in
production and lower environments. Examples: Chef, Jenkins, Git,
Electric Flow (Electric Cloud).
- Strong practical Linux and Windows based systems administration
skills and scripting experience in Azure.
- Experience with the planning, configuration, optimization and
deployment of Microsoft Azure solutions (IaaS, PaaS, VMs, AD,
Automation, Monitor, Backup/recovery etc.).
Required Qualifications - BS degree in an applicable area (Computer
Science, Engineering, MIS, etc.) - Minimum 4+ years hands-on
experience supporting Azure cloud environments, developing and
administering an IT operations environment, and administering
servers on Windows or Linux platforms.
- Minimum 4+ years' experience implementing, migrating, managing,
and operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing
environment as well as deploying and supporting workloads in
- Minimum 4+ years' experience working within a DevOps environment,
utilizing Azure DevOps tools, developing Azure solutions, and
implementing/improving Azure infrastructure processes.
Desired Certifications - ITIL v3 Foundation certification - Azure
Keywords: Gridiron IT Solutions LLC, Bethesda , Azure Engineer, Other , bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!