Company: JBG SMITH Properties
Posted on: May 3, 2021
JBG SMITH owns, operates, develops, and invests in a portfolio
of over 20 million square feet-with another 16.6 million square
feet in our development pipeline-all concentrated in attractive
submarkets in the Washington, DC region. Our creativity and scale
enable us to be more than owners-we are placemakers who shape
inspiring and engaging places, which we believe create value and
have a positive impact in every community we touch.
From asset management and development to property operations and
leasing, every decision we make at every property aligns with our
overarching disciplined strategy of fostering growth and working to
maximize value. Our culture of quality and customer service is
entirely focused on ensuring that we serve our key customers:
satisfied tenants and residents.
We are determined, innovative, competitive, and laser-focused.
Our consensus-driven culture is rooted in collaboration and
participation-inspiring innovation from every corner of our
company. And we recognize and reward performance at all levels. As
a result, our company is a magnet for top-tier talent, which we
believe ensures a bright and prosperous future for our employees
and our company.
We are seeking experienced real estate professionals with a
proven track record of excellence that have demonstrated the
leadership skills necessary to manage complex urban development
projects. This position is largely responsible for the day-to-day
management of all aspects of development projects from beginning to
end with direct accountability for project execution. An associate
will work the larger Development Team to maximize value throughout
the development process including acquisition, financing,
zoning/entitlements, design, permitting, construction, leasing,
delivery and disposition. Accordingly, Associates will encounter a
variety of roles ranging from high- level decision making to
maintaining detailed project coordination and organization.
- Develop project vision, development programs, business plans
and financial models; Monitor and evaluate project performance
against the baseline business plans and financial models.
- Manage and obtain project entitlements and permits, including
meetings with the community and municipalities to negotiate
outstanding issues and obtain necessary approvals.
- Oversee the scope, RFP and contracting process for architects,
engineers, contractors, and other project vendors and
- Effectively coordinate and manage consultants and contractors
throughout the development process.
- Assist in preparing financial and market feasibility analyses
- Track project schedules and monitor progress and delays.
- Prepare and monitor project budgets, including preparation of
monthly capital calls, loan draw packages and lender and/or
- Review consultant and contractor invoices for accuracy and
compare to applicable proposals/contracts.
- Manage development and financial analysts working on the
project, as well as other internal resources and staff.
- Coordinate, manage and lead project design and construction
- Identify potential project risks and develop mitigation
- Provide regular project reporting internally and to project
investors, partners and lenders
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- MBA or Masters in Real Estate preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience required, development
experience is preferred; prior urban mixed-use experience
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a
larger, collaborative team
- Proven leadership skills needed to manage internal staff,
consultants and development team
- Strong quantitative background in development, including
financial feasibility analysis, design, financing, permitting,
construction, and project management
- Knowledge of development fundamentals; including the process,
proforma, design, financing, permitting, construction, and project
- Must possess attention to detail, confidentiality, integrity,
and the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in a
fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to make
public and internal presentations and write investment
- Passion for real estate development
- Proven entrepreneurial skill
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions
without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in
accordance with applicable law.
Keywords: JBG SMITH Properties, Bethesda , Associate, Development, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!