Senior Director, Brand Strategy and Marketing - Residential
Company: JBG SMITH Properties
Posted on: May 3, 2021
JBG SMITH is an S&P 400 company that owns, operates, invests
in, and develops a dynamic portfolio of high-growth mixed-use
properties in and around Washington, DC. Through an intense focus
on placemaking, JBG SMITH cultivates vibrant, amenity-rich,
walkable neighborhoods throughout the Capital region, including
National Landing where it serves as the exclusive developer for
Amazon's new headquarters. JBG SMITH's portfolio currently
comprises 20.8 million square feet of high-quality office,
multifamily and retail assets, 98% of which are Metro-served. It
also maintains a robust future pipeline encompassing 18.7 million
square feet of mixed-used development opportunities.
The newly created Senior Director, Brand Strategy and Marketing
- Residential leadership role, will be responsible for partnering
with the development and asset management teams to develop
portfolio-level brand strategies and property-specific brand
development, based on deep consumer insights, that deliver luxury
consumer experiences and elevate and enhance awareness of the
master JBG SMITH brand and its property assets, drive customer
demand, acquisition, and strengthen customer retention.
The new Senior Director of Brand Strategy and Marketing -
Residential will be responsible for supporting JBG Smith's leasing
and placemaking goals by developing sub-neighborhood and
project-specific branding derived from market and consumer
insights, inclusive of brand positioning and customer experience,
brand ID, and go-to-market strategy and tactical marketing plans
across all real estate tiers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the brand positioning and brand building efforts in
partnership with development, architecture/design, and operations
- Work closely with internal and agency partners to develop brand
positioning, pillars and proof points across product and service
- Partner with architecture and design leads on design strategy
through asset development process
- Translates internal and external research and trends into
actionable brand strategies. Analyzes data to frame up a business
issue/concept; determines feasibility; partners with
development/operations to deliver on strategies.
- Educates/communicates on brand strategy, positioning, voice,
strategic pillars and competitive environment
- Lead high-priority marketing initiatives across the residential
portfolio, including integrated campaign development and management
of data-driven marketing insights.
- Consistently apply a data-driven mind-set to consumer and
competitive insights. This may include designing, fielding and
managing research and analytics to drive smart decision-making in
brand-building and across the marketing funnel.
- Partner with Corporate Communications and marketing activation
team & agency on brand and asset launch communications across
owned, earned and paid channels.
- Proactively manage and analyze budget performance against brand
& marketing plans, including absorption schedules to determine
- Partner with digital marketing team on performance marketing
efforts and the evoloution of the digital platform
- Bachelor's degree in Brand Management, Brand Marketing or
related field required, MBA preferred.
- 8-10 years of brand management, brand marketing experience in
luxury or lifestyle-oriented categories required
- Integrated marketing experience, including experience with
immersive marketing strategies and technology platforms.
- Relevant experience driving customer acquisition and retention
strategies across industries required; Customer Experience (CX)
design and journey mapping design experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems
or resolve issues, generate solutions and have a close attention to
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional teams,
resulting in strong collaboration and foster open communication
with business partners and senior leadership.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound business judgement and
ability to work closely with senior leaders in the
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions
without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in
accordance with applicable law.
Keywords: JBG SMITH Properties, Bethesda , Senior Director, Brand Strategy and Marketing - Residential, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!