Desktop Support Engineer
Posted on: May 31, 2021
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is
seeking a Desktop Support Engineer in Bethesda, MD
- Building and maintaining Windows 10 desktop images
according to industry best practices.
- Configuring and supporting workstations and printers in a
Windows networked environment.
- Support of handheld devices/Smartphones including Android
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining necessary
application integrations according to industry and vendor
- Overseeing the analysis and testing of new and upgraded
software, including the development and maintenance testing plan
for software. Works closely with the development team to coordinate
testing, piloting, deployment of software, training for customers
and support team(s).
- Automating the deployment of images and applications.
Ensuring desktop images are updated on a regular basis, including
documentation and communicating changes.
- Troubleshooting application errors or applications not
operating accurately, including isolating problems, collaborating
about options, and implementing a resolution. Works with vendor as
necessary to resolve escalated issues.
- Maintaining clear and detailed documentation on all
Windows images and associated technologies.
- Assisting with research and development efforts for
- Assisting with emerging technology research and
- Participating in the development and maintenance of
Active Directory group membership, computer hardware standards, and
- Implementing and maintaining workstation security to
include workstation encryption, workstation firewalls, and
workstation patch management.
Very importantly, this role requires the ability to apply
critical thinking while troubleshooting a technical problem, expert
knowledge with Windows 10, desktop and virtualization software, and
desktop management tools.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to provide a
high level of customer service and be able to effectively
communicate both verbally and in writing; engage in many projects
simultaneously; follow-through and ensure issues get resolved; and
have superior organizational skills.
Required Education and
A.A. in Computer Science or equivalent with 6 years of
relevant experience or B.S. with 4 years of relevant
Minimum experience of 5 year in a large corporate
environment preferably in an Federal Government agency
- At least five 5 years of demonstrated work experience
with windows desktop support and peripherals.
- Demonstrated experience with workstation hardware
- Demonstrated experience with windows infrastructure
systems such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc
- Knowledge of network security practices such as group
policies and anti-virus programs
- Working knowledge of encryption technologies like
Bitlocker, Securedoc etc.
- Customer support and communication skills
- Experience in supporting Mac OS systems
- Microsoft Windows server administration
- Previous NIH/HHS experience
A + or Network + or Security +
Highly desired Certifications:
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Bethesda , Desktop Support Engineer, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!