Senior Coordinator, Patient Access Programs
Company: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees
embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are
the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to
sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on
what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work.
We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we
can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond
boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all
who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support
We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that has raised
and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic fibrosis
therapies that have changed the lives of people with this disease.
Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible because
of Foundation support.
LOCATION: National office (Bethesda, MD) preferred; willing to
consider remote work.
The Senior Coordinator is primarily responsible for maintaining
the Compass team's internal resource database. The incumbent also
coordinates the team's engagement opportunities with providers,
chapter staff, patients/families, internal CF Foundation
departments and third-party vendors. Develops, administers, and
evaluates surveys to improve customer service and satisfaction.
Gathers and organizes information from a variety of internal and
external sources to support research projects and workstreams for
the Compass and Health Systems Innovation and Navigation (HSIN)
teams. Monitors and tracks access-to-care challenges reported by
Compass. Assists in supporting research conducted within HSIN and
Compass related to access-to-care challenges and other social
factors. Creates customized webinars or slide decks for outreach
visits regarding access, programs, and Compass. Under the guidance
and leadership provided by the Compass director, the role will
require working across all CF Foundation departments to help assess
patient access needs and collaborate with resource development for
members of the CF community, care teams, and chapters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with vetting, collecting, and inputting program
eligibility requirements for local and national organizations into
the Compass resource database, called CARA.
- Coordinates Compass engagement opportunities between CF
Foundation departments, chapters, care centers, and other
local/national organizations, including drafting content and
- Collaborates across CF Foundation departments to gather
information and develop resources for the CF community, care
centers, and chapters.
- Attends and takes detailed notes at select internal and
external stakeholder meetings.
- Gathers and organizes information from a variety of internal
and external sources to create monthly outreach reports to be
shared with key stakeholders.
- Conducts background research for education projects, including
content development for the CF community, care centers, and
- As directed, works on related projects for the Health Systems
Innovation and Navigation management team
- Facilitates communication across HSIN teams on overlapping
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in a healthcare or patient
support services environment preferred.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical processes.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient keyboard skills.
- Proficient computer skills necessary, including Internet,
Microsoft Dynamics, MS Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Attention to detail and effective follow-up skills
- Ability to work with others with competence and tact.
- Demonstrated professionalism.
- Ability to proactively analyze and handle problems
- Ability to organize and prioritize workday.
- Healthcare background and medical terminology preferred.
- Basic knowledge of third-party payers, private (both local and
national), federal, and state.
- Reports to Director, Patient Access Programs. No direct
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive
noise, dust and temperature.
- No heavy lifting required.
- Minimal travel (e.g., 2x/yr.) to conferences and meetings, as
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions,
responsibilities or requirements.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is committed to offering
competitive compensation (base pay and incentive), benefits, and
professional development opportunities that maximize our ability to
recruit, retain, reward, and motivate a highly-qualified and
diverse workforce. Our comprehensive benefits package includes
medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous time-off and leave
policies; a holistic well-being program; health savings and
flexible spending accounts; employer-provided life and disability
insurance; retirement savings benefits; and a variety of work-life
benefits to support employees and their family members.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is
committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to
work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit
and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or
mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national
origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or
testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or
status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any
characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our
job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to
request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at
Keywords: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Bethesda , Senior Coordinator, Patient Access Programs, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!