Senior Software Engineer - Salesforce
Company: Marriott International
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Posting Date May 24, 2021
Job Number 21048129
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road,
Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company,
with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates
to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of
discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take
Takes day-to-day direction from assigned Product Leader/Owner to
lead technical workgroups and/or functions as a technical expert.
Resolves and makes decisions on more complex, non-routine service
requests with limited to moderate risk. Performs research,
analysis, design, creation and implementation of applications to
meet current and future user requirements. Defines and creates the
next generation of solutions to drive Marriott value. Monitors
multiple projects by Service Provider to successful completion,
maintaining scope within the time and budget constraints. Creates
solutions that serve our business leveraging current and
leading-edge technologies in an innovative and impactful
Education and Experience
- 8+ years' experience in software development with expert level
expertise in multiple programming languages and methodologies
- 5+ years hands-on experience with application development
- 2+ years hands on experience with Salesforce
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Graduate degree
- Experience in development of hotel property applications
- Strong background with Salesforce CRM platforms, including
Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud and Experience Cloud
- Advanced understanding of Apex and Java languages.
- Proficient in integrating Salesforce with other applications
using Connected Apps and APIs.
- Familiarity with Salesforce Process Builder and Workflows.
- Well versed in Salesforce security controls including user
authentication methods, data encryption and event monitoring
- Experience in waterfall and/or agile software
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Git, JIRA, Jenkins,
- Technology certifications
- Technology leadership experience in a sourced environment
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Trains and/or mentors other team members, and peers as
- Provides financial input on department or project budgets,
capital expenditures or other cost/resource estimates as
- Identifies opportunities to enhance the service delivery
- Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analyses for
service delivery processes and projects.
- Facilitates achievement of expected deliverables and
obligations of Services Providers
- Validates completeness of requirements prior to Service
- Ensures all projects follow the defined development and
business case processes
- Ensures proper coordination with appropriate IT and vendor
- Provides consultation for routine and complex systems
- Ensures early warning to the business stakeholder executives
regarding degraded or missed service levels
- Coordinates with Operations and Infrastructure Delivery teams
for deployment and production support activities
- Follows all defined technology standards and processes (i.e. IT
Governance, SM&G, Architecture, etc.), and provides input for
improvements to the appropriate process owners as needed
- Maintains a proper balance between business and operational
- Follows the defined project management standards and
Service Provider Management
- Validates that Service Providers develop and manage respective
aspects of a project plan, including schedules, deliverables, and
- Makes short term plans for the team to effectively utilize
- Monitors Service Provider outcomes
- Reviews estimates of work effort for client project provided by
Service Providers for accuracy
- Facilitates timely resolution of service delivery problems and
minimizes the impact to clients
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a
convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's
vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process
and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove
barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to
handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under
pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and
understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and
compares information from different sources to draw conclusions,
develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems,
and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey
confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first
impression and represents the company in alignment with its
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and
systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential
for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and
execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing,
and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal
style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion
and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance
to the organization.
- Strategy Execution - Ensures successful execution across of
business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction,
profitability, and market share through effective planning,
organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for
self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives;
initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others
toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes
beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships
based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions
consistent with the company's service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with
diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural
perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement
and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the
opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships
with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel
valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership
opportunities with other people in and outside the organization;
influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services
and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance,
Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective
external relations with government, business and industry in
respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between
locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources
are received and corporate strategies are understood and
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Developing Others - Supports the development of other's skills
and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future
job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure
of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or
support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We
believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Keywords: Marriott International, Bethesda , Senior Software Engineer - Salesforce, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!