Company: Medical Science
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We are currently searching for a Science Writer to provide
support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This
opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research, develop, and generate standard and custom reports
from various human capital systems. Assist customers with workforce
management system ad hoc reporting tools (i.e., workforce
management system report builder). Generate customized datasets for
unique ad hoc report requests.
- Write recommendation memos and other justification documents
for scientific positions.
- Collaborate with scientific and administrative leadership on
policy interpretation and implementation.
- Work products and documents related to providing
recommendations guidance on Title 42 and policies, procedures, and
requirements at meetings with senior level and program level
managers, and via telephone and email.
- Provide advice and guidance to Case Development Specialists on
- Provide coverage of case work for Case Development Specialists
- Prepare a wide variety of briefing materials and complex
scientific summaries on a broad range of diseases and research
- Develop specialized materials covering highly complex subject
matter areas for various purposes and audiences.
- Provide advice and conduct reviews of multiple materials
prepared by other DIR division staff.
- Develop scientific and technical materials regarding DIRs
research programs and activities as well as scientific
- Perform business analysis of personnel action tracking tools
and determine next steps.
- Identify tools/software to improve operations in committee and
meeting management area.
- Draft and review award nominations.
- Draft and review memos and salary benchmarks in support of T42,
T38 and SBRS appointments, conversions, and pay adjustments.
- Review Livelink workflows to provide quality assurance for
appointments, conversions, and pay adjustments.
- Draft memos and analyze workforce data in support of special
- Provide advice and guidance to Case Development Specialist on
policies related to personnel authorities.
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences or related scientific
- Three years of relevant writing and editing experience in a
relevant field of science strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of principles of immunologic research or biomedical
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and ability to collect,
analyze, and present data.
- Advanced MS Office application skills.
- Experience supporting Director-level staff.
- Ability to apply scientific expertise and knowledge of
biomedical research methods.
- High degree of initiative and personal judgment.
- Familiarity with the NIH organizational structure, its goals,
objectives, programs, and policies desired.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain
expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve
complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a
rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit,
customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency
missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to
advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to
develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of
innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow
you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to
keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options
like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs,
we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care
Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or
transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you
covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance
Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs,
company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and
have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to
diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics,
are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status.
Keywords: Medical Science, Bethesda , Science Writer, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!