Clinical Research Coordinator
Company: General Dynamics
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA MD Bethesda
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ87883
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT in seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator in support of
the Malaria Department for the Naval Medical Research Center
Clinical Trials Center (NMRC CTC) located at Walter Reed National
Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) in Bethesda, Maryland. The NMRC
CTC conducts clinical trials of candidate vaccines designed to
protect military against infectious diseases, such as malaria. GDIT
provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to
the Malaria Department. US Citizenship is required for this
position. This position will require earlier hours and flexibility
during peak season. This position has the potential to require
communication with recruited subjects using a NMRC-provided cell
phone outside of normal working hours (e.g. evenings or weekends as
GDIT in seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator to clinical
trials designed to protect the military
In this role, a typical day will include:
- Coordinate research activities of assigned IRB-approved study
- Ensure all studies performed are in accordance with the
approved protocol and applicable local, state, and federal
- Coordinate with the PI to ensure all resources, including
supplies, are available as necessary to meet research
- Ensure effective communication with patients, their families
and/or significant others, providers, clinical staff, clerical
staff, and collaborative institutions.
- Report data on research studies in accordance with IRB-approved
protocols and applicable regulations with final government
- Assist with recruiting and screening patients using protocol
inclusion/exclusion criteria and refer eligible patients to the PI
for final evaluation.
- Assist Government personnel with ensuring the consent process
has taken place effectively and all questions are answered
satisfactorily and documented.
- Assist with providing education to patients on compliance,
possible side effects, drug interactions and the importance of
contacting the coordinator.
- Assist with coordinating the performance of phlebotomies,
electrocardiograms, initiate intravenous infusions, vital signs,
specimen collection and other procedures as required by the
- Maintain proficiency required to coordinate clinical research
such as: communication skills and leadership skills as the
coordinator of complex human and animal research protocols.
- Observe universal precautions and OSHA standards when
processing or handling specimens.
- Ensure reporting of adverse events to the governing agency
(IRB) and sponsors as required by protocol and regulations.
- Ensure in the research study is in with regulations and
standard operating procedures, to include complete documentation of
status and progress.
- Assist with maintaining detailed documentation of the research
study as required by the protocol and the PI
- Effectively communicate on a regular basis with the PI,
Research Scientist, or staff regarding the conduct of the research
- Assist with producing protocol amendments and continuing
reviews in the eIRB system, subject to final Government
- Provides other administrative duties which directly correspond
to the aforementioned duties (above).
- 2+ years experience as a CRC
- Preferred - Current certification as a Certified Clinical Trial
Investigator (CCTI), Certified Clinical Research Coordinator
(CCRC), or Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP) from the
Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) or the
Society of Clinical Research Associates (SoCRA).
- Working knowledge of U.S. Federal government regulations
regarding the conduct of human clinical research.
- Complete human protection training developed by the
Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) within one
month from the start of performance.
- Must be proficient in medical record reviews and searches. In
order to accomplish this task, the contractor personnel must have
experience in the use of clinical computer systems such as
CliniComp (Essentris), Cerner (MHS-Genesis) or SPSS.
- Proficient in scheduling and communicating with
- Proficient in writing and editing to assist PIs in preparation
of their manuscripts, scientific abstracts, and/or research
- Work requires concentration, periods of standing and walking on
a regular basis; must work well under pressure, in often changing
conditions and research workload.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to determine
appropriate action and priorities in the performance of duties
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a favorable
NACLC T3 security investigation prior to start date.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401K with company match
- Customizable health benefits packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your
- Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around
- Full-flex work week
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA MD Bethesda
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex
government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance
critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest
in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today
is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground,
beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services
needed to get the job done. nnGDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: General Dynamics, Bethesda , Clinical Research Coordinator, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!