Manager on Duty
Company: Highgate Hotels
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
Hyatt Regency Bethesda is an iconic hotel located in the heart
of downtown Bethesda. Nestled above the Bethesda Metro Red Line,
the hotel offers easy access to Washington DC's famous museums,
monuments and zoo and is only minutes from Bethesda Row, which
offers unlimited shopping, dining, and entertainment. The Hotel
offers 393 modern guestrooms with upscale amenities.
The Manager on Duty is responsible for ensuring the operation of
the Front Office in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous
manner, providing all guests with quality service prior to and
throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and
- Respond to all guests' requests, problems, complaints and/or
accidents presented at the Front Desk or through reservations,
comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive,
courteous and efficient manner.
- Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Front Office
personnel according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
- Carry a cell phone at all times.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Front Office
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily.
Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close
observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of
- house daily, i.e. flash report, allowances, etc.
- Attend daily and monthly Rooms Merchandizing meetings.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- Review Front Office staff's worked hours for payroll
compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Prepare employee Schedule according to business forecast,
payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and
- Maintain Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s regarding Purchase Orders,
vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Ensure that Wage Progress, Productivity and the Ten Day
Forecast are completed on a timely basis according to Highgate
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers, employees and other
- Work closely with Accounting on follow-up items, i.e., returned
checks, rejected credit cards, employee discrepancies, etc.
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system,
including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that
employees maintain Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s in its use.
- Ensure staff greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front
Desk in accordance with Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure implementation of all Highgate Hotel policies and house
rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position for Front
- Assist in preparation of revenue and occupancy
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail
in a timely and professional manner.
- Must maintain constant communication with Housekeeping,
Reservations and the Credit Manager.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating
with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within
- Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the
Highgate Hotel philosophy of service.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front
- Follow and enforce all Highgate Hotel credit policies.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly,
helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other
- Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies
according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Ensure participation within department for monthly Highgate
Hotel team meeting.
- Focus the Front Office Department on their role in contributing
to the Guest Service and audit scores.
- Long hours sometimes required, flexible to work any shift
including holidays and weekends.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Ability to stand
during entire shift.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of
related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year
of related experience.
- Supervisory experience required. Labor experience and Opera
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets
and word processing.
- Must have a valid driver's license from the applicable
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, Bethesda , Manager on Duty, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!