Data Engineer II
Posted on: June 9, 2021
We are looking for an Experienced Software Engineer - Data
Engineering to join our growing technology organization. You'll be
working as part of a skilled, collaborative, and passionate team to
jointly design and implement Xometry's data platform.
We expect that every person in technology at whatever level they
work at brings with them a foundation of technical skills. We focus
less on specific languages and more on your knowledge and
experience with technology. We will meet you where you are and then
help you to grow from there. Our platform technology is a mix of
Front-End, Back-End, and Data. Active participation on a team
designing, coding, testing, and releasing functionality to our
customers. Close collaboration with other engineers, product
managers and other functions in the organization to become a valued
member of an autonomous, cross-functional teamYou have experience
working on a data project that you can talk about, showing off some
of your work. You have experience working on a data engineering
team ideally focused on building data platforms.
What To Expect + Your Core Skills:
- Active participation on a team designing, coding, testing, and
releasing functionality to our customers.
- Close collaboration with other engineers, product managers and
other functions in the organization to become a valued member of an
autonomous, cross-functional team.
- Experience working on a data project that you can talk about,
showing off some of your work.
- Experience working on a data engineering team ideally focused
on building data platforms.
- You understand data in its nature and form, both relational and
non relational. You are able to understand relationships between
data and propose models with appropriate cardinality.
- Well versed in querying data for relational and non relational
models. You should have a solid level of understanding with
- A problem solver who can use a programming language to write
script(s) for resolving a problem. Can be experienced with any
programing language like Python, C#, Go etc.
- Familiar with modern software development lifecycle and
practices such as code management (GIT) and continuous integration
build and deploy.
- You provide a bridge between data producers and consumers by
providing governance and a shared understanding of the data.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with ETL or ELT or building custom data
- Familiar with cloud data warehouses such as Redshift, Snowflake
- Understanding of data tools such as Looker, Tableau or Power
- Experience with Mongodb or PostgreSQL, AWS RDS etc.
- Must be a US citizen, green card holder, or a legal permanent
resident of the United States
- Must have excellent oral and written (English) communication
- Must be able to work core aligned hours to US Eastern
What's In It For You?
- Work in a highly collaborative, self-organizing team with the
ability to decide how your team works and what technologies you
- Competitive salary + comprehensive benefits
- Flexible working hours with paid time off
- Health, Dental, Vision, Commuter, Dependent Care, Primary &
Secondary Parental Leave, and 401K benefit options
- Continuous development opportunities such as onsite training,
meetups, conferences, and online training subscriptions
- Free food, drinks, and many company and team events
- Stock Options - we're a small and growing company so you get a
piece of the pie
- And more!
Xometry is the largest marketplace for custom manufacturing,
connecting customers with optimal manufacturing solutions through
proprietary AI algorithms. Xometry provides on-demand manufacturing
services and industrial supply materials to a diverse customer
base, ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Our
nationwide network of over 6,000 partner manufacturing facilities
enables us to maintain consistently fast lead times while offering
a broad array of capabilities, including CNC machining, 3D
printing, sheet metal fabrication, injection molding, and urethane
casting. Xometry's customers include BMW, Dell Technologies,
General Electric, and NASA.
If this job isn't for you but you have a friend who may be a
perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is
accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9
information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the
Keywords: Xometry, Bethesda , Data Engineer II, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!