Have your greatest successes come through the development and
leadership of a team?
Do you believe a successful event operation is as only as strong
as the unity between sales and service?
Have you wanted to be able to take a department and run with it,
make innovation happen?
Do you walk into an event and immediately see ways to improve
If a bride is unhappy do you lose sleep? Are you a foodie, do
you love sharing your passion for events with others?
If you answered yes to all the question above, then you should
know Congressional Country Club is seeking Director of Catering.
The Director of Catering promotes the Club's dining facilities for
private banquets, business and social meetings and other
member-related activities. Develop contracts for and oversees all
administration and operational aspects of preparing and serving
events. Directly involved in leading, developing, providing formal
training, mentoring, and personal coaching for the team.
Work with banquet departments and other departments to assure
that the guests' expectations are exceeded. Congressional Country
Club is looking for Team Members that believe the impossible is
possible. Driven to continuously make a positive impact on the
organization and believe that as a team we accomplish more.
Congressional has a long history of hosting Championship golf,
host to three tournaments in the last decade alone, including the
U.S. Open Championship in 2011 followed by two Quicken Loans
National Tournaments. Congressional is proud to continue this
tradition with the announcement of eight more Championships in the
next sixteen years as follows:
2022 KPMG Women's PGA Championship
2024 Junior PGA Championship
2025 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship
2027 KPMG Women's PGA Championship
2029 PGA Professional Championship
2031 PGA Championship
2033 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship
2037 Ryder Cup
What will be expected of you:
- Responsible for selecting, coaching, and development of all
catering team members.
- Builds systems and standards that supports the team of direct
reports and holds the team accountable to the standards.
- Motivates team by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback,
and rewarding/recognizing team members.
- Responsible for systems and standards throughout the Catering
- Analyzes quality issues, identifies training needs and ensures
implementation to improve results. Using metrics to for feedback
and improvements within the department
- Promotes and communicates the Club's social event facilities
and capabilities to all members.
- Helps member clients arrange banquets, luncheons, meetings,
weddings, dances, and other social events; obtains pertinent
information needed for guest planning.
- Works with the Executive Chef to determine selling prices,
menus and other details for catered events; oversees the
development of contracts; assures that pre-planned banquet menu
offerings are current and reflect general member interests.
- Transmits necessary information to and coordinates event
planning with production, serving and housekeeping team; arranges
for printing of menus, procuring of decorations, entertainment, and
other special requests, etc.
- Inspects finished arrangements; present to oversee the actual
greeting and serving of guests.
- Main contact to work directly with representative hosting
tournaments and championships.
- Work with Banquet Director for scheduling and set up of
- Day of event planner for specific events, responsible for
hands-on service work when needed and orchestrating events when
- Maintains past and potential client files; schedules calls or
visits to assess ongoing needs of prospective clients for catering
- Help develop catering budgets; reviews financial reports and
takes corrective actions as appropriate to help assure that budget
goals are met. Completes weekly forecast for F&B Director.
- Represents members' needs and interests on applicable club
- Manages banquet billing and arranges prompt payment for all
- Performs special projects as assigned by the Food and Beverage
How we determine your qualifications:
- 5 years of experience in catering sales, required.
- 3 years' experience directly leading a team required.
- 2 years' experience in banquet or restaurant operations,
- Experience with golf championships, tournaments, or major
sporting events, preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the private club industry's food and
beverage operations, preferred.
- This is a Full Time Position
- Complimentary meals
- Complimentary parking
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance (Available for Full and Part
Time Team Members)
- 401K with match
- Employee Discounts Golf, Tennis, Fitness Apparel/Items
- Membership in professional association
CCC is EOE