DDC Building Engineer - Walter Reed
Company: J&J Worldwide Services
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Monitor various building automation system (BAS) computers to
ensure that systems are automatically operating within specified
parameters (temperature, humidity, static pressure, amps etc.).
Monitors the BAS system for energy efficient operations. Monitors
other site systems including facilities specific systems such as
fire alarm monitoring and may also include research oriented
systems such as the Edstrom System. Assists electrical, mechanical
and control system technicians in troubleshooting equipment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the alarm status of various automation systems as
specific to the site. The site is a Government Healthcare
- Enter work orders related to system and equipment problems and
coordinate with work order execution personnel
- Respond according to guidelines provided in SOPs and OIs
- Review various trends and reports as a means of gaining greater
experience and training
- Liaise with the Site Supervisor to identify areas in need of
repair or improved operational processes
- Engage with the O&M organization (technicians, mechanics,
and electricians) to quickly returned failed systems to
- Maintain a logbook detailing all alarms and critical activities
that occurred on his/her shift. This log book may be either
electronic or hard bound
- Ensure transparent transition between site & regional
monitoring where applicable
- Support Site Supervisor and Other O&M personnel during
commissioning, troubleshooting, & startup activities and other day
to day activities
- Perform other duties assigned
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, 2 year degree preferred
- Specialized training/certification in BAS or HVAC Systems,
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years relevant experience
- A general understanding of building automation systems
- Knowledge of basic HVAC equipment and how it is controlled and
alarmed in an industrial/commercial environment
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to function effectively in a dynamic work
- Ability to learn new concepts and ideas quickly
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills to
effectively communicate with all customers.
- Ability to multi-task and work both in a team and
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., squat, bend, stoop and kneel for
short periods, climb a ladder, stand for long periods of time,
constant arm extensions.
- Occasional exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise,
dust, dirt, chemicals, but non to the point of being desagreeable.
May involve minor safety hazards where likely result would be cuts,
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the
needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.
Keywords: J&J Worldwide Services, Bethesda , DDC Building Engineer - Walter Reed, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!