Director of Audio Visual & Technology - Bethesda, MD
Company: Aramark Corporation
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world's leading
educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion
sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations
and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19
countries around the world. We deliver innovative experiences and
services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of
people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a
positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to
engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local
communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate
efficiently and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place
to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ+), DiversityInc, Equal
Employment Publications and the Disability Equality Index. Learn
more about working here at www.aramark.com/careers or connect with
us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Position Overview:Responsible for overseeing and leading the
overall coordination and maintenance of audio visual, production
and technological services. To oversee daily AV operations,
scheduling, customer and client interactions for the AV department,
who provide technical assistance with AV equipment, first level
computer and AV support for guests, customers and staff. Maintain
client relationships and manage assigned client project initiatives
at the highest level. Ensure that all audio visual, technology and
computing priorities are met in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for on-site AV/Technology leadership ensuring
alignment with senior leadership and client priorities.
- Provides technical support of AV/Technology processes during
working hours as well as meeting and event support.
- Monitors audio visual and tech support issues internally
ensures resolution plans, and reports progress to management.
- Proactively checks and maintains AV systems and equipment.
Monitors system status and reacts potential issues before they
- Ensures that all documentation is proactively updated to
reflect current systems and processes (Standard operating
- Responsible for communicating any AV or technological hardware
defects to client and leadership team for proper testing and
implementation of fixes.
- Develops AV resources needed when preparing for meeting, event
or virtual function; along with attending dry runs and pre-meeting
- Communicates with site users regarding any system enhancements
and or scheduled upgrades.
- Participate in technical and functional training classes as
necessary or required.
- Daily - Ensure and monitor that all classroom, meeting room,
and break out room Audio Visual supplies and equipment and in
working order and immediately report any malfunctions to
- Understands all pertinent aspects of AV equipment hardware and
software used at the center.
- Ensure proper functioning of AV equipment and technological
systems, trouble shooting, including monitoring and
- Coordinates and executes technical production tasks related to
- Advises leadership team and client on best practices for AV
environment and technological systems; assist with the execution of
their more intricate requests and modify presentations, etc. as
- Maintain inventory of required AV equipment, supplies, and room
stock levels, and place supply orders as needed within budgetary
- Assist with setting up and checking equipment prior to meeting,
event or function.
Education: College degree in Information Technology or
Audio-Visual related field.
Experience: Minimum 5-7 years in a Director or Senior Manager AV
or Technological role.
Experience leading and supervising a team.
- AV technology and production experience in Hotel/Conference
Center sector highly preferred.
Self-starter and highly motivated and must be able to adjust
priorities as project deliveries change.
- Must have extensive knowledge of audio-visual systems,
meeting/event production, video switching, basic stage lighting,
audio board mixer and proficient IT knowledge.
- Experience running successful high-profile meetings and events
using AV technology and production equipment.
- Proficient experience running virtual meetings/webinars with
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; thorough knowledge of
office practices and procedures
- must maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all
times; excellent written and verbal communication skills; good
- Must work well in a high pressure, deadline-oriented
Keywords: Aramark Corporation, Bethesda , Director of Audio Visual & Technology - Bethesda, MD, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!