Senior Director, Agency Operations
Company: Marriott International
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Posting Date May 10, 2021
Job Number 21042836
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road,
Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company,
with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates
to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of
discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take
Marriott International is seeking an experienced Sr. Director,
Agency Operations to join our internal Agency team. We're looking
for an exceptional process-oriented manager who will manage the
workflows and project management for the internal agency - ensuring
that all campaigns/briefs launch efficiently, effectively and on
budget. The Sr. Director will manage all agency operations, working
cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders across
marketing, loyalty, creative, and digital. The right candidate will
act as an ambassador for the team, seamlessly establishing
communication processes between creative, production, and account
management teams and key project stakeholders. The role requires a
team player, a thought leader, and creative advocate with the
ability to contribute to our teams' learning and development.
Responsibilities include serving as a traffic manager, owning
the establishment, management, & execution of all agency projects.
The Sr. Director will also be responsible for monitoring campaign
results, establishing benchmarks, and communicating best practices
to a global audience of brand marketers and creatives.
The Sr. Director, Agency Operations should come to the table
with a solid background in creative strategy and be capable of
delivering status reports, timelines, project scopes, budgets, and
training materials that inspire & unite the team.
Education and Experience
- 10+ years' experience in the advertising or digital industry,
demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of
exceptional performance AND
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business
Administration, Marketing, or related major
- 15+ years of relevant professional experience in operations
(substantial agency experience preferred), demonstrating
progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional
- Experience managing and defining transformational strategies
for business units.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under difficult
conditions, particularly when faced with complexity and
- Extensive experience leading and managing the development and
implementation of large and complex creative initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment,
with strong organizational and time management skills, and a
detail-oriented approach to problem solving
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Projects and Priorities
- Responsible for organizational development, staff recruitment,
associate engagement, training and close collaboration with the
- Partners with executives at all levels within Brand Marketing,
Digital, Brand Management, Operations, Field Marketing, Loyalty,
Sales and Continent Marketing teams, as well as other corporate
groups to achieve the business objectives that are set forth
through annual planning and/or directed by key business
- Leads the Account Management, Production, & Operations groups
to ensure seamless coordination with Creative team, Brand &
External Agency Partners
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and
ensure completion of projects on schedule and on budget
- Gives clear, constructive critique of staff work that is both
strategic and creative to facilitate an exceptionally high standard
- Partners with brands to develop and launch new campaigns;
ensures that brand expectations are well-managed to facilitate
strong relationships, while at the same time advocating for the
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders;
collaborates with internal partners and stakeholders to support
business initiatives and strategies
- Demonstrates an understanding of business priorities; executes
business priorities from a creative standpoint
- Creates a team environment that empowers, and encourages
creativity, innovation, accountability, and continuous
- Sets clear goals and expectations for direct reports using the
performance review process and holds direct report(s) accountable
for performance for Production, Account Management, &
- Translates broader organizational initiatives into relevant
goals for direct report(s)
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication with direct
- Guides the professional development of team members; attracts,
retains, coaches and mentors high quality staff
- Manage and recommend updates/changes to talent and team
dynamics to ensure the proper mix of talent
- Uses metrics to craft unique user experiences
- Has a deep understanding of advertising operations and
organizational structures that contribute to successful
- Remains current on industry, cultural, and technology trends,
and look for opportunities to proactively generate thought
leadership best practices to share globally
- Works with teams to put sustainable work processes and systems
in place that support the execution of the strategy.
- Establishes and maintains complete and up-to-date information
to ensure accurate reporting.
- Partner with Finance and FBPs to ensure department remains in
budget and costs are recovered
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a
convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's
vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process
and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove
barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to
handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under
pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and
understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and
compares information from different sources to draw conclusions,
develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems,
and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey
confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first
impression and represents the company in alignment with its
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and
systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential
for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and
execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing,
and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal
style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion
and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance
to the organization.
- Strategy Execution - Ensures successful execution across of
business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction,
profitability, and market share through effective planning,
organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for
self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives;
initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others
toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes
beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships
based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions
consistent with the company's service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with
diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural
perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement
and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the
opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships
with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel
valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership
opportunities with other people in and outside the organization;
influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services
and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance,
Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective
external relations with government, business and industry in
respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between
locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources
are received and corporate strategies are understood and
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Developing Others - Supports the development of other's skills
and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future
job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure
of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or
support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for
learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning
opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and
learns through their application.
- Technical Acumen - Expertly understands and utilizes
professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to
conduct and manage everyday business operations, generate
innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges,
and function as a thought leader in his or her area of
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information
to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to
approach business and administrative challenges.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for
accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and
software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software,
Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or
divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and
ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate
for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We
believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Keywords: Marriott International, Bethesda , Senior Director, Agency Operations, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!