Company: Gates, Hudson and Associates Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The General Manager will manage the property in accordance with
the objectives as set forth by the Board of Directors and GHCM's
Management Agreement. The General Manager will assume all
responsibilities associated with accomplishing property objectives
as set forth by the Portfolio Manager and the Board of
The General Manager conducts all business in accordance with the
Association's governing documents and GHCM's established policies
and procedures, all Federal, State, and County Fair Housing Laws,
American with Disabilities Act, and all other laws pertaining to
- Meet all reporting deadlines and maintain an activity calendar
to ensure that tasks are
- Maintain all office files and records in accordance with GHCM's
policy and standard business practice.
- Review mail, outside correspondence and inter-company
- Provide clerical assistance such as typing, filing, writing of
reports, answering telephones, closing out daily reports,
maintaining permit, licenses and insurance documentation for
facilities and in-Unit work electronically and in hard copy,
maintain all other on-site books and records electronically and in
hard copy, etc.
- Ensure efficient delivery of services to: update master
calendar for the Association; schedule and support community
events, move in/move outs, and vendors providing on-site services;
prepare meeting materials for the Boards; support annual elections
for the Board(s); prepare and update the Owner directory, issue
keys, property identification stickers, and pool passes; support
newsletter production and distribution; prepare new Owner welcome
packets; and carry out other office responsibilities as
- Attend Board Meetings as required per Management
- Draft requests for proposals from contractors on an as needed
- Prepare and submit weekly reports and an updated task list to
the Board of Directors.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to the Board(s) as provided
in the Management Agreement.
- Ensure routine expenditures are consistent with the
Association's owner approved budget.
- Control purchases and utilize the approved vendor lists.
- Forecast large expenditures and facilitate communication among
GHCM and the Association to ensure proper asset management.
- Process property invoices in accordance with established GHCM's
- Maintain records for all transactions conducted on-site.
- Maintain a positive customer service attitude.
- Promote goodwill among owners, residents, coworkers, and
- Apply policy in a fair, uniform manner to ensure consistent
policy enforcement for all residents.
- Implement the Association's and GHCM's policies and procedures
regarding Rules and Regulations.
- Ensure that all Owner/Resident requests and issues are handled
in a timely manner and on a priority basis per policy (emergencies
first; thereafter, first-come, first-served basis).
- Follow up on repair order/service requests, e.g., monitoring
tickets awaiting parts, ensuring satisfactory completion of
- Where in-unit resident services are to be bundled and
coordinated to save money or for efficiency, service schedules,
procedures and costs will be communicated to participating
residents and contractors in a timely manner.
- Perform regular building and ground inspections and provide
written reports; prepare and dispatch repair orders as necessary;
ensure consistent, positive curb appeal
- Supervise contractors to ensure compliance with contract
- Inspect and test safety and/or access control equipment,
including adding contact information and deleting lost or stolen
- Develop a long-term plan to manage facilities and equipment,
utilizing a maintenance calendar, 5 year budget and/or approved
- A High School Diploma. A college degree is preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years' experience as a condominium
- Required to have a national certification, such as: the
Certified Manager of Community Associations (CMCA), Association
Management Specialist (AMS), Professional Community Association
- A strong background in customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- A driver's license, or other reliable transportation.
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
products, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Full working knowledge of the 3rd party software used by GHCM
to include: Jenark, Strongroom Payables Lockbox, Smartwebs
Violations and community website/web portal hosts.
Keywords: Gates, Hudson and Associates Inc., Bethesda , General Manager, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!