Mobile Software Engineer Expert
Company: Mantech International Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech provides mission-focused technology solutions and
services for U.S. defense, intelligence and federal civilian
agencies. In business for more than 52 years, we excel in
full-spectrum cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT,
and systems and software engineering solutions that support
national and homeland security.
The Technical Exploitation Support Services team is critical in
supporting DoD, Federal, and IC partners' Global War on Terrorism
efforts by providing state of the art technical exploitation and
collection capabilities in digital media exploitation triage and
automation, advanced technical Media Exploitation (MEDEX), and
advanced Mobile Device Exploitation. Activities include digital
forensics activities, software reverse engineering, hardware
exploitation, parser development, reverse engineering, mobile
applications development and engineering, and technical
exploitation (collection, transmission, prioritization translation,
and analysis and dissemination of materials).
Currently, ManTech is seeking a Mobile Software Engineer Expert
to fulfill the role as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the
Bethesda, MD area to provide unparalleled support to our customer
and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engineer software scripts in C, C++, and Java with emphasis on
prototyping and API extraction.
- Collaborate with Technical Exploitation teams to define clear
requirements, performance specifications, deliverables, and
milestones for applications.
- Debug mobile applications' memory and performance issues, such
as using Android trace view tool to identify performance
- Provide malicious code reverse engineering to isolate, review,
analyze, and reverse-engineer potentially malicious programs
recovered from compromised computer systems and networks.
- Research new trends, techniques, and packaging of malicious
software to stay current and ready to identify and handle zero-day
- Analyze software and firmware using reverse engineering
techniques to understand security vulnerabilities, working closely
with teammates who value innovation and execution.
- Share knowledge by clearly articulating ideas through papers
and presentations to technical staff, management, and Government
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer
Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least 9 years'
- Deep knowledge of Android and a strong passion in mobile
industry and mobile development
- Background in mobile web technologies (HTML5, AJAX, CSS, XML,
- Background in wireless APIs (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) preferred.
- Able to communicate design decisions, trade-offs, code
walk-through and bugs, thoroughly, clearly, and concisely.
- Able to handle multiple simultaneous projects, manage time and
- Efficiently implement new features and bug fixes while writing
elegant, maintainable code
- 5+ years' experience in communications device design or
embedded platform-level engineering for mobile communication
- Experience requiring an expert knowledge of implementations of
contemporary commercial wireless devices.
- 2 years' experience with reverse engineering software packages
(IDA Pro, IDA Python PyDgb, or OllyDbg).
- Advanced/Expert experience in software engineering and related
- Advanced/Expert experience in sizing and scoping, in design,
implementation and delivery of mobile application solutions using
IOS and/or Android development environments.
- Advanced/Expert experience in development on two or more of the
following software platforms: Windows, Linux, Android, OS X, and
- Experience requiring a knowledge of designing interfaces using
Objective-C, Android SDK including the unique tasks of designing
applications for small screen size.
- Experience requiring excellent debugging, problem-solving and
- Experience with multiple programming languages (C, C++, C#,
Objective C, Visual Basic, Java, Python). A strong mix is needed
with experience in C, C++ or Objective C and Java or C+ is a
- Experience engineering applications in C, C++, and Java with
emphasis on prototyping and API design and development.
- Proven track record of mobile application development.
- Experience with two or more IDE environments and tool sets
(Visual Studio, JetBrains, Eclipse, Android Studio, Xcode).
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and
- Department of Defense (DoD) 8570 Compliant, IAT Level II - or
able to obtain one within 90 days of joining the contract.
- Deep knowledge of at least one major mobile platform
- Ability to interact with live devices using shell commands
- Advanced/Expert experience in designing, developing, and
maintaining mobile applications
- Expert knowledge of implementations of contemporary commercial
- 2 years of experience with reverse engineering software
packages such as IDA Pro
- Knowledge and application of assembly programming and
- Experience with computer forensic software packages such as
EnCase, FTK, Cellebrite Physical Analyzer, or Sleuth
- Experience in computer or cell phone architecture, system
internals, operating systems, and/or boot process software
- Advanced experience investigating software vulnerabilities and
a basic understanding of common cyber-attack methods
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance and possess a
Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph or obtain a CI Polygraph by the
start of employment.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity
machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer
- The person in this position frequently communicates with
co-workers, management, and customers, which may involve delivering
presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source
code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the
company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or
obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to
answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that
information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure
compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a
license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled
technology or software source code may require authorization and
may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries
proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We
do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin,
marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled
Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or
Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a
position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please
contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000.
ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer -
minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to
apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job
placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our
equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not
accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees
for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if
you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx
as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please
click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact
Keywords: Mantech International Corporation, Bethesda , Mobile Software Engineer Expert, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!