Senior Systems Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Company: Logistics Management Institute
Posted on: June 12, 2021
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to improving the business of
government, drawing from deep expertise in advanced analytics,
digital services, logistics, and management advisory services.
Established as a private, not-for-profit organization in 1961, LMI
is a trusted third party to federal civilian and defense agencies,
free of commercial and political bias. We operate completely free
of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with
the goals of our clients. Our clients value our specialized
services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health
care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can
make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who
share that conviction. We offer a generous compensation package
with excellent benefits that start the first day of employment.
Business casual dress, flex time, and tuition reimbursement are a
few of our many work-life benefits available to our employees.
- Advise federal, state and local government partners and
stakeholders on the development of implementation of information
- Conduct research on existing systems and solutions within
federal government departments and agencies to aid enterprise-wide
interoperability and the technical exchange of information.
- Support the identification and resolution of complex issues and
develop innovative technical solutions for supporting information
sharing operations and requirements.
- Prepare and write technical briefings and position papers.
- Develop technical project plans and advise the Government on
proposed project goals, objectives, and tasks to achieve on-time
delivery of products/services
- Participate in technical exchange and governance meetings used
to develop, issue, and monitor the implementation of guidance on
- Take meeting notes as required.
Required senior qualifications:
- Must have Top Secret Clearance with polygrapgh
- To qualify for a Senior-level labor category, the candidate
must possess, at a minimum, the following education and
- Bachelor's degree; and twenty (20) years of work experience
related to the technical requirement against which the individual
is slated to perform. Four (4) years' experience may be used in
lieu of a Bachelor's degree, which would then require the
individual to have a total of twenty-four (24) years of work
experience related to the technical requirement.
- If an individual possesses a Master's degree (preferred, but
not required), the requirement for related work experience is
reduced to eighteen (18)
- If an individual possesses a PhD, the requirement for related
work experience is reduced to fourteen (14)
- Seven (7) years of experience developing, implementing, and
enhancing information sharing systems, preferably for federal,
state or local governments.
- Expert knowledge of existing systems and solutions within
federal government departments and agencies, to include the
- Experience participating in technical exchanges and governance
meetings used to develop, issue, and monitor guidance on the
implementation of systems' architecture.
- Expert analytical capabilities and discipline in identifying
and resolving complex issues and developing innovative solutions
for supporting ISE mission business processes and
- Superior ability to draft position papers, prepare briefings,
and record minutes for executive level interagency meetings.
- Expert ability to communicate and work with executive-level
partners and decision makers;
- Superior ability to develop project plans and propose project
goals, objectives, and tasks to achieve on-time delivery of
- Advanced project management experience (certifications desired
but not required).
- Full understanding of Software Development Life Cycle with
hands on experience in developing software solutions using JAVA
and/or the .Net environments, and good understanding of the AWS or
- Ability to understand and design technical solutions.
- Past experience with creating/managing and integrating systems
with diverse databases, schemas, XML/JSON based exchange
specifications like NIEM.
- Evaluating cloud-based hosting options and recommend solutions.
Our requirements are a bit unique in that we need to be able to
collaborate with non-IC partners and this will drive which
platform, and what approach to take.
- Recommend, and help configure the natively available
applications/ add-on applications that will be needed for the setup
the information sharing environment.
- Certifications and operational experience with VMware, Amazon
Web Services (AWS), or Microsoft Azure desirable.
Keywords: Logistics Management Institute, Bethesda , Senior Systems Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!