Submarine ASW Trainer and Testing Analyst
Posted on: September 7, 2021
Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Submarine ASW
Trainer and Testing Analyst, supporting multiple US Navy programs
located in Bethesda, MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity
Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and
implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of
world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US
Navy. This position requires US citizenship and
a DoD Secret security clearance.
You will develop and evaluate training programs for the
submarine community of the US Navy utilizing Leidos’ SMMTT, COAET,
SET, or other trainers. You will be a training
subject matter expert and be responsible for supporting the
development, testing, and delivery of acoustic training systems
for Advanced Processor Build (APB) deliveries to
the US Navy's A-RCI program. Your
responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Participate in systems engineering activities for high fidelity,
supercomputing based, acoustic trainers. These
activities include one or more of the following: Learning Objective
and Course Content Creation; Concept of Operations Formulation;
Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering; System
Architecting; System Analysis and Design; Interface and Data
Architectures Definition; System Integration and Test; Validation
and Verification; System Installation; System and Operational
Performance Analysis; Lifecycle Cost Analysis and Estimation; and
Decision Analysis and Resolution.
• Evaluate and test trainer capabilities
• Interact with internal developers as well as external tactical
development team members, US Navy schoolhouse personnel, and
military and civilian DoD customers to ensure that trainer
requirements are captured and designed into the trainers
• Participate in the installation of training systems
• Train the trainers responsible for operating the training
Travel is required to test sites and Navy schoolhouses, and will
account for about 25% of the job.
Required Education and Experience:
• B.S./B.A. with an ASW-related officer tour, or high
school diploma with 12+ years of work experience obtained through
prior military experience.
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and
capabilities to successfully execute the duties and
responsibilities of this position
• Must have specific subject matter expertise in ARCI or AN/BQQ-10
Sonar system operations.
• Must be comfortable working directly with software developers and
conducting software testing.
• Must be able to utilize Microsoft Windows and Office products in
support of day to day tasking.
• Military experience in Undersea Warfare as a submarine fast
attack or guided missile submarine acoustic operator (STS), or
• Acoustic Intelligence experience
• Software testing experience
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with Atlassian Products
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Bethesda , Submarine ASW Trainer and Testing Analyst, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!