Leidos currently has an immediate opening for an Information
Systems Security Manager (ISSM), supporting multiple US Navy
programs located Bethesda, MD. Leidos’ High
Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting
and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support
of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the
US Navy. This position requires US citizenship
and a DoD Secret security clearance.
This position is part of the HFS cyber security team, and is
responsible for maintaining and improving the security posture for
the information systems that support the development and fielding
of a variety of US Naval training systems.
Candidate will perform at least the following tasks:
• Developing and implementing plans and goals in the realm of
Cybersecurity. Must have a strong background in schedule
development, tracking, and reporting and must be able to clearly
articulate changes to plans and potential dependancies.
• Coordinate and communicate with multiple ISSOs to ensure
compliance with regulations and internal policies at the Leidos
• Maintain scheduling of events, meetings, briefings and represent
the Cybersecurity team as needed.
• Foster and maintain a positive cybersecurity culture that
embraces proactive communication and security with employees,
subcontractors, and Government stakeholders.
• Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the cybersecurity
mission, values and culture of the organization.
• Coordinate Change and Control Boards and document meeting minutes
and subsequent tasks. Provide feedback and approve all changes from
the Cybersecurity perspective.
• Assist with management of Authorization and Assessment processes
for multiple authorities to operate across multiple sites.
• Assist with the evaluation of changes or additions to the IS
within the facility, determine security relevance, and make
recommendations for approval or denial to these changes.
• Assist the Facility Security Officer (FSO) with periodic
• Manage all of the Leidos personnel involved with Cybersecurity at
the Leidos facility.
• Work with government security personnel, collaborating on issues
and concerns and keeping each other abreast of the state of
security at each site, sharing lessons learned, and applying common
solutions whenever possible.
• BA/BS degree. Select certifications may be
substituted for the education requirement.
Candidate must be 8570.1M / 8140 compliant with certifications,
preferably CISSP or Associate and RHCSA to correspond to an IA
Management Level III designation.
• Must have 10+ years of work experience
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and
capabilities to successfully execute the duties and
responsibilities of this position
• Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication
to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and
apply new skills.
• Must be a flexible, positive and energetic team player; be able
to work in a fast paced environment; adapt to changes tasking; and
be able to work with minimal supervision
• Must be courteous and professional when interacting with
colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify
and solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking,
effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to
work successfully in a team environment
• Previous ISSM/ISSO experience
• Linux operating system experience
• Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Portfolio, Service Desk, and
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: