Who We Are
We’re NFP, a four-time Best Places to Work award winner in
Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020. We are also
recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top
Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and
Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty,
and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our
clients reach and realize their goals because we believe
business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team
and our clients have created long-lasting and successful
relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17
international locations. To learn more, please
The Senior Account Executive interacts with clients on a
day-to-day basis while developing and maintaining relationships
with both client and carrier representatives. This individual will
prepare applications, specifications and marketing strategy for new
business as well as the renewals of assigned clients with little to
no supervision from their Supervisor on difficult lines. This role
requires the employee to take on the role of lead consultant and
primary point of contact for clients. The Senior Account Executive
may work on large, complex accounts with large premiums and
This is a full-time position working from an assigned office in
the mid-Atlantic to the upper East Coast region (DC, MD, VA, NY);
we also offer flexibility for well-experienced hires to work
full-time from home who have the ability to come to an assigned
office as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiates terms, conditions, coverage limits and pricing with
carriers and wholesalers.
- level facilitates requests and needs of the carriers on behalf
of NFP's clients.
- Works with the Claims Department on relevant claims for
- Requires expertise in multi-line accounts with more complex
coverages including retrospective rating plans for large lines of
coverages and foreign packages.
- Maintains a diary (follow-up system) to ensure policies,
endorsements and other information is received to comply with
- May supervise and direct the daily job activities of the
Coordinators, Account Managers and Account Executives.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with carriers, and
clients through regular contact and client visits.
- Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and
events, including all state and federal regulatory
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Excellent written communication skills – writes clearly; edits
work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs;
presents numeric data effectively; able to read and interpret
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial
- Possess technical expertise plus good analytical and
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS preferred
- Typically more than 8 years of industry and product line
- Experience with an agency management system required;
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Property & Casualty Broker's License required upon hire
- CIC, CPCU or other P&C designation preferred
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays,
401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness
programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and
nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the
end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.