Posted on: September 15, 2021
Leidos is seeking an Automation Engineer in Bethesda, MD.
The Automation Engineer will be part of a test team with
opportunities to test different products, such as web applications,
websites, charts, maps, reports and databases. The testing will
include both manual and automated testing.
The candidate will provide testing support for all software
applications tiers including front-end functional testing,
middle-tier testing of web services and other APIs and testing back
end ETL and other data processes. In addition, the candidate is
expected to lead and drive test automation effort. Candidate may
also participate in requirements reviews to provide feedback on
requirements and to ensure that functional requirements are
testable and adequately documented to drive the test process.
The candidate should be able to write test plans and think of
testing strategy for each release.
Key areas of responsibilities:
• Promotes and trains on continuous testing/ agile test strategies
• Designing test strategies, test plans, and test cases from
requirements, design documents and specifications for testing
across different platforms (mobile, IoT, cloud) and with an
emphasis on automation
• Define, develop and implement software/systems testing standards
and procedures and oversee testing across SDLC.
• Collaborate with team members to refine the product backlog
• Executing and reporting security tests.
• Identifying regression test candidates for automation, planning
automation activities across the team and automating test
• Estimating test case writing and execution effort and keeping
track of own and team progress.
• Test case authoring and holding test case reviews with
• Execution of test cases including functional, regression,
exploratory, performance, load and smoke tests for both web
applications and database.
• Reporting defects, tracking, validating and closing.
• Recording test results and reporting them.
• Participation in daily scrum meetings, agile ceremonies and
weekly test team meetings.
• Participate in all phases of risk management assessments and
software development with emphasis on analysis of user
requirements, test design and test tools selection.
• Install, maintain, or use software testing programs.
• Supporting our metrics program by keeping track and gather
metrics on all activities.
• Using metrics in quantitative project management concept to
identify areas for improvement.
• Providing innovative solutions for more efficient testing
• Helps other testers in adopting agile and security test
• Support UAT activities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field)
• At least 5 years of experience performing as a software
• At least 1 year of experience with test automation.
• Experience working in a DevOps environment
• Experience with drafting test plans and test cases
• Strong skills with SQL
• Experienced writing/creating automation scripts using Java
• Experience with performance and load testing
• Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and
Agile-Scrum development methodology
• Experience with mentoring and training team members
• Experience with gathering metrics and monitoring progress
• Experience with Acceptance Test Driven Development (Gherkin),
Behavior Driven Development
• Experience using test automation tools such as Selenium and
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• ISTQB certified tester
• Experience incorporating security testing into agile
• Working knowledge of the OWASP Top 10, test approaches and
• Experience in using JIRA, Git/ Bitbucket
• Experience using VMware
• Experience with 508 compliance testing
• Experience with Selenium and XPath
• Experience working in public health and federal
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Testing and Quality Assurance
Keywords: Leidos, Bethesda , Automation Engineer, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!