Senior Business Analyst - Medical/Healthcare (100% remote)
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Sr. Business Analyst for Technology
The Senior Business Analyst plays a critical role in
understanding and assessing the impact of business changes and
needs; analyzing and capturing requirements; communicating
requirements to relevant stakeholders; and monitoring the build of
the solution to ensure it meets the requirements.
Senior Business Analysts must have a solid understanding of the
client’s existing business processes, the key drivers and measures
of success for the business, and the short – and long – term
direction of the business and related technologies. They must have
a working knowledge of the business area that they support and
should be equally aligned with the IT department. Through adaptable
communication skills and the ability to translate between technical
and business language, they work collaboratively, negotiating
requirements across multiple groups. Strong leadership,
relationship management, interpersonal, negotiation and
communication skills are also required.
The Senior Business Analyst is the liaison between the
operations and the IT organization. They collect, analyze, develop,
document, communicate business requirements, and support user
testing to achieve business goals. They will interact directly with
clients, key stakeholders and IT development to ensure proposed
processes and systems meet desired needs. They will support one or
more moderately to highly complex business processes and serve as a
team member, sometimes as a technical lead. A significant
requirement for this position is hands on experience in the
Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Healthcare industry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as senior level business analyst for highly visible program
implementations or program design enhancements.
- Manage the day-to- day workload of one to three business
- Document and maintain business and functional requirements and
- Provide consultative assistance to business users and
stakeholders looking to streamline processes by analyzing and
determining problem / opportunity / solution resolution.
- Elicit requirements from end users to solve a business problem
and identify the desired results.
- Anticipate, quantify and resolve problems and issues with
- Communicate with clients and stakeholders using data process
models to clarify and validate requirements.
- Oversee implementation, coordinating tests and observing
initiation of the system to validate performance and ensure all
business requirements and their integrity are maintained.
- Address issues and questions related to intended functionality
of the system, as well as support the business in implementing the
required changes to make effective use of the new system.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal
and external customers) and the software development team through
which requirements flow.
- Perform all responsibilities within the guidelines and IT
policies and directives at or above our client’s performance and
- Utilize time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities
to handle multiple and parallel projects, deliverables while
working both independently and collaboratively within a team.
Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping
- Occasional travel may be required.
Minimum Experience and Education
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or management
information systems with a minimum of five (5) years of experience
as a Business Analyst, Systems Engineer or equivalent.
Experience in the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or
Minimum Skills, Knowledge and Ability
- Proven management and supervisory experience for the work of
one or more Business Analysts. Demonstrated experience in multiple
phases of the software development lifecycle and project
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to effectively and
professionally represent the organization at the client site.
- Ability to work autonomously with little oversight or
- Critical thinker who can evaluate information gathered from
multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level
information into details, abstract up from low-level information to
a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the
underlying true needs.
- Employ facilitation techniques in discussing requirements with
clients. (e.g. Brainstorming, structured walk through, JAD
- Able to identify “as-is” state vs. “to-be” state using a
variety of applicable tools and techniques depending
- on the project and its complexity including but not limited to
use-case diagramming, ERD diagrams, data
- flows and business process work flows.
- Experience in Agile Development methodologies.
- Management and maintenance of requirements traceability.
- Write logical, comprehensive, concise reports, meeting minutes,
correspondence; communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks at
once in order to meet demanding deadlines.
- Team player who can effectively work in a fast paced
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. (Excel, Access, Powerpoint,
- Proficient in Microsoft Visio, Project and Sharepoint.
- Experience working in a startup atmosphere.
- Experience developing and customizing requirements, process,
and design documentation.
- Experience working with and presenting to executive level
- Experience performing requirements, design, and testing
- Change management experience to include internal / external
system training, external communication development on behalf of
the client, demo facilitation.
- Strong understanding of system architecture and a desire to
participate in development strategy.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and accompanying
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Bethesda , Senior Business Analyst - Medical/Healthcare (100% remote), Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!