Senior Business Analyst
Company: NTT DATA
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Req ID: 131897
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and
passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be
part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization,
We are currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst to join our team
in Bethesda, Maryland (US-MD), United States (US).
Provide support for a National Institutes of Health (NIH)
enterprise system. Responsibilities include:
- Document current system workflows, business processes, and
- Work with the project team and interface with clients and other
system stakeholders to gather functional requirements for system
changes and enhancements.
- Document new system requirements for the development team by
means of use cases, requirements traceability matrices, process
flow diagrams, etc.
- Work with the development team to verify current and new
requirements with stakeholders.
- Conduct interviews or JAD (joint application development)
sessions with stakeholders to review business requirements for
validation and improvement.
- Evaluate and analyze the gathered information from multiple
sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into
details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general
understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the
underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from
- Provide direct customer support which involves issue analysis
and resolution within the specified SLAs.
- Support testing and deployment activities.
- Communicate information effectively to customers, managers, and
- Apply user centric interaction and design practices of
application business processes, and functionality.
- Able to adapt to complex business process flows and provide
guidance to client based on best practices.
- Work with the team to coordinate software development stage
- Create and maintain software and system support documentation
such as User Manual.
- Design, coordinate, and conduct training as needed.
- Design and develop stakeholder communications.
- Work on special projects assigned by the NIH program
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a customer-facing IT business
- Very strong (Excellent) communication (oral and written) and
- Strong requirements analysis skills
- Experience with and working knowledge of requirements
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Ability to present to and work effectively with external
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications - Word,
- Experience facilitating groups or conducting interviews to
elicit stakeholder input
- Perform Quality Assurance tasks and testing.
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle
- Ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal
- Experience with JIRA.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures used in
the business analysis and design.
- Experience and ability to create training material.
- Experience and ability to conduct high-quality training in a
workshop or classroom environment.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management
- Working knowledge of data analysis tools including Excel Pivot
tables, and other data analysis skills is a plus.
- Basic understanding of user interface and usability of
application is a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced
environment under deadline pressure.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) well and work in a
collaborative team environment.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust
background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility
requirements for access to sensitive information.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider
specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a
comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure
and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of
companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to
race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other class protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Consulting, Business Analyst, Database, SQL, Quality Assurance,
Keywords: NTT DATA, Bethesda , Senior Business Analyst, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!