NIH Program Specialist
Company: Highlight Technologies
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Overview:We are currently searching for a Operations Coordinator
to provide support services to satisfy the overall operational
objectives of the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH). This
opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Rockville,
- Coordinate meetings eg data and safety monitoring board under
the direction of division staff: schedule meetings; correspond with
attendees; prepare and distribute review materials; provide
in-meeting logistics for video conference and or in-person
meetings; coordinate honorariums.
- Prepare purchase orders and track receiving of purchases.
- Update and maintain calendars and shared calendars for multiple
- Coordinate meetings, workshops, and courses for staff; schedule
- Read outgoing correspondence for executive levels approval and
alert writers to any conflict with the file or departure from
policies or executive levels viewpoints; make recommendations to
resolve problems that arise.
- In the executive levels absence, ensure that requests for
action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff; decide
whether executive level should be notified of important or
- Summarize the content of incoming materials, specially gathered
information, or meetings; coordinate the new information with
background office sources; draw attention to important parts of
- Provide support with timekeeping tasks.
- Coordinate the preparation of a variety of items such as travel
requests and reimbursement, professional service order, requests
for sponsored travel, Form 348, outside activities Form 520,
official duty memoranda, training requests, individual/mass
mailings, correspondence, reports and various forms.
- Set up and format spreadsheets to analyze information.
- Coordinate the printing and conversion of paper documents to
- Develop, maintain, and utilize various administrative
- Compile data and create and maintain slides for
- Coordinate and work with other offices to update the Executive
Dashboard reports; load to appropriate source SharePoint, intranet,
shared drives; ensure that the appropriate staff has access to the
- Prepare briefing documents; gather, organize and summarize
- Maintain office records including paper/electronic files,
office procurements, and reimbursement procedures.
- Design and coordinate systems for communication among staff to
facilitate the efficient flow of information relating to projects
and program activities.
- Maintain division file systems for correspondence and
- Arrange for staff member to represent the organization at
conferences and meetings; establish appointment priorities;
reschedule or refuse appointments or invitations.
- Note commitments made by executive level staff during meetings
and arrange for staff implementation.
- Draft office staff meeting minutes; track action
- Public Trust eligibility.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management and
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management
- Excellent ability to multitask and meet objectives across
multiple simultaneous assignments.
- Excellent ability to provide the tasks/services for both
in-person and remote/virtual office setting.About Highlight:For
over ten years, Highlight has provided Development and
Modernization, Secure IT, and Mission Solution services to our
federal government customers. Our team knows the technology; we
understand how our customers and their stakeholders work; and we
know how to implement industry best practices to deliver
high-quality, end-to-end solutions that minimize risk and maximize
Since our inception, Highlight has had an employee-first mindset.
Our mission is to provide employees with rewarding and impactful
career opportunities. In 2021, Highlight's founder and CEO, Rebecca
Andino, implemented an Employee Stock Ownership Plan to embody and
expand our culture of transparency, teamwork and rewarding the work
of our employees. By becoming an ESOP, our employee-owners share in
the success of the company through their ownership stake. To learn
more about ESOPS, check out: www.esopinfo.org.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that empowers our people
to fearlessly drive change - regardless of their race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics. Our
team is dedicated to foster diversity within our teams to promote
creativity, innovation, and teamwork to deliver the best solutions
for our customers.-:#cwhp
Keywords: Highlight Technologies, Bethesda , NIH Program Specialist, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!