Company: United Educators
Posted on: June 17, 2022
United Educators (UE) provides liability insurance and risk
management services to almost 1,600 members representing K-12
schools, colleges, and universities throughout the United States.
With 35 years serving education, we bring deep expertise to our
members and focus on delivering an experience that leaves them
feeling confident that we understand their needs and offer insights
and solutions suited for their unique challenges. These sentiments
are echoed in our employee culture, our commitment to diversity,
equity, and inclusion enables us to better serve our members and
fulfill UE's mission. Currently, we are working in a hybrid-style
The E-Learning Instructional Designer uses e-learning development
tools to design and develop online courses on risk management and
liability topics for administrators, faculty, staff, and students
at colleges, universities, and K-12 schools. The incumbent
participates in researching, writing, and editing instructional
content and producing learning objects and other blended learning
solutions. The position works with internal and external Subject
Matter Experts (SMEs) and team members to identify learning
objectives, research topic areas, and create content outlines and
course storyboards. The role will also manage reviews of these
deliverables with relevant SMEs and internal stakeholders. In
addition, the designer insures learning objects comply with Section
508 and WCAG 2.0.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops instructional content for self-paced online courses by
planning, researching, writing, designing, and updating learning
deliverables on risk management and liability topics.
- Uses rapid e-learning development tools to develop and update
online courses and related materials.
- Involved in acquiring, managing, and collaborating with
internal and external SMEs
- Drafts design specifications for multimedia assets.
- Ensures Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 compliance of online
- Participates in QA testing of course materials under the
direction of team members and team leadership
- Leads and participates on project and course development teams
as needed to design and develop additional course materials.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an instructional
design role. Master's degree preferred.
- At least three years of experience in developing interactive
e-learning courses for knowledge-based or soft skills training
purposes using Articulate Storyline 3 or 360. Experience with
creating commercially-available training is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of adult learning theory
and instructional design methodologies and techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills for the purpose of
writing, editing, course development, process documentation, and
written communications. Our course topics often include unpacking
nuanced subject matter and clear, persuasive writing is integral to
- Proven experience conducting research for e-Learning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word,
particularly as used in the development and review of instructional
- Experience in writing simple design specifications for
multimedia to be developed by visual designers.
- Experience in ensuring Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 compliance in
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and audio editing software
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with
minimal coaching or supervision.
- Ability to organize and work under strict time and production
deadlines, while producing quality deliverables.
- Experience with at least one Learning Management System (LMS)
or LCMS is desirable but not required.
- The ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
Keywords: United Educators, Bethesda , Instructional Designer, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!