RESEARCH ASSOCIATE III - PATIENT PREFERENCE
Posted on: June 18, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTIONRESEARCH ASSOCIATE III - PATIENT PREFERENCE
*We are looking to fill this role in North America or Europe. The
role offers 100% remote flexibility.One of the largest in-house
teams dedicated to preference elicitation and related decision
analysis. Our clients include all major pharmaceutical and medical
device manufacturers globally. Our work enables these clients to
understand which treatment or device attributes are meaningful to
patients, how patients trade-off across these attributes, and what
are the implications of such patient preference data for decisions
that include regulatory approval and reimbursement of medicines. We
specialize in the application of stated preference techniques, such
as discrete choice experiment, best worst scaling and swing
You would be joining a fast growing, successful team, operating at
the cutting edge of the science of incorporating stakeholder
preferences into health care decision making. We have developed an
innovative, collaborative culture, aimed at developing and sharing
good practice in preference research, both internally and
externally. We are looking for someone who will thrive in this
As a Research Associate III - Patient Preference Studies, you will
have the opportunity to learn and grow your skillset by owning the
following tasks.Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties
may be assigned):Science
- Assist with or oversee patient preference studies using
relevant methodologies (DCE, MCDA swing weighting, etc.)
- Prepare near-final drafts of protocols, site training
materials, basic report sections, and manuscripts.
- Maintain familiarity with current scientific literature. May
co-author presentations for scientific conferences and manuscripts
for scientific journals.Project Management
- Assume primary responsibility for day-to-day tasks related to
the project, including making decisions related to the project
either alone or in conjunction with more senior staff.
- Involved with client communication, and may be primary point of
contact with client.
- Efficient delegation and communication with project team, and
ensures proper staffing and oversight on project. Able to track
timelines and keep project team and PI informed in order to
complete work within the expected timeframe.
- Know project management systems (electronic and paper filing,
SOP requirements, finance office practices, IRB needs, etc.) and
implement as required.
- Oversee site recruitment and management tasks conducted by more
- Travel 0-10% of the time.Financial & Business Development
- Communicate effectively with clients.
- Write and/or review project proposals, including budgets.
- May interact with clients to win new business.Patient-Centered
- Provide leadership, oversight, mentoring and guidance to junior
staff in a formal and informal role
- May supervise employees (up to and including Research Associate
- May attend scientific conferences for professional
- Conforming to SOPs
- Conduct and participate in the training of junior staff and new
- Participate in staff recruitment efforts (phone screening,
interviewing, attending presentations, etc.)
Job QualificationEducation, Professional Skills & Experience:
- Specific skills or knowledge of: patient preference studies or
preference elicitation techniques, such as discrete choice
experiments; multi-criteria decision analysis; or utility studies,
including time trade-off or standard gamble techniques.
- PhD in a relevant scientific discipline; or Master's degree and
at least three years of experience in relevant field; or Bachelor's
degree in a relevant scientific discipline and at least five years
of experience in relevant field.
- MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; Ability to program in SAS or R
desired; Experience of Atlas.ti or advanced qualitative research
skills, and PubMed/embase advantageous.Personal Skills &
- Well-developed communication skills and scientific writing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to independently manage, oversee, and/or lead a variety
of project-related tasks and effectively delegates tasks to project
- Ability to manage client relationships
- Collaborative team member, capable of efficient
multi-taskingWho we are?
Evidera is a business within Pharmaceutical Product Development,
LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO),
and a is a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions. We
provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational
capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to
optimize the market access and commercial potential of
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support
and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced
environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working
environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive and understand information & ideas
with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and
technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing
and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require travel.
What we offer?
We know that if you are provided with the right support and
resources needed you will thrive! Therefore, Evidera offers a great
mix of compensation and benefits options to show you how valuable
you are to the organization.Some of our perks include:
- Highly competitive salary and bonus structure
- Generous benefits package, including healthcare, dental, vision
and paid time off to spent with your friends and family
- Flexible working environment by offering fully remote work for
most of our positions, to support work-life balance
- Clear opportunities for growth and career progression. We offer
multiple Learning & Development programs, coaching and mentoring
trainings, career planning and discussions to help you grow as a
- Access to Employee Well-being programs and services. We value
your emotional health and offer a variety of programs to support
your mental healthcare.
- Collaborative working environment with focus on Diversity and
Inclusion. At Evidera, we respect one another and recognize that
our diversity makes our business stronger. We strive to be an
inclusive organization where colleagues can be their authentic
selves and grow their careers.
- Global exposure: Opportunity to work on multiple projects with
some of the industry's leading researchers around the globe.
- Smooth onboarding process with your own dedicated onboarding
specialist and a working buddy to help you navigate through your
first few weeks thus ensuring great start to your new role.Our 4i
Our 4i Values are critical components in accomplishing our mission.
These values guide us and, ultimately, define us.Integrity -
Innovation - Intensity - InvolvementIf you resonate with them and
wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics
for some of the world's most urgent health needs, submit your
application - we'd love to hear from you!*
- only shortlisted candidates will be
contacted#LI-REMOTEDiversity StatementPPD is proud to be an
affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and
fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to
providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age,
race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or status
within any other protected group.COVID-19 Vaccination Update for
- All U.S. colleagues are required to report vaccination status.
New hires will be asked to report vaccination status within the
first two weeks of employment.
- All U.S. new hires who are in the following job categories must
be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment or request
an accommodation: executive director level and above, client-facing
commercial, clinical research associates (CRAs), remote site
monitors-local (RSM-L) all CRA and RSM-L line managers,
clinic-based staff in early development services and accelerated
enrollment solutions, and FSP within analytical services division
roles. New hires will be asked to disclose vaccination status upon
first day of employment and are required to report vaccination
status within first two weeks of employment.
Keywords: PPD, Bethesda , RESEARCH ASSOCIATE III - PATIENT PREFERENCE, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!