Company: AMERICAN SYSTEMS
Posted on: June 19, 2022
LOOKING FOR: A self-driven, junior engineer candidate with an
active Secret clearance or ability to obtain a Secret clearance to
join our AMERICAN SYSTEMS Engineering team as a Systems Engineer I.
Candidate will be supporting the United States Navy in West
Bethesda, MD.As a Systems Engineer I, you will:
- Perform tasks required to support In-Service Engineering Agent
- Join a well-established team that gives you the opportunity to
gain experience and to advance.
- Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock
- Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each
employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and
growth of the company.A week in the life of a Systems Engineer I:
- Provide technical support at the AN/BQH-9(V) Signal Data
Recording Set (SDRS) In-Service Engineering Agent (ISEA) site
located at the Carderock Division, Naval Surface Warfare Center
(NSWCCD) in West Bethesda, MD
- Configure and test computer assemblies including multi-disk
RAID arrays and networks within the SDRS.
- Execute Linux (CentOS) scripts to document SDRS
- Install upgrades to SDRS assemblies and systems using
installation and checkout procedures or engineering drawings.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and performance acceptance testing for
SDRSs after repair or upgrade.
- Update SDRS software to latest versions including programming
firmware on circuit cards.
- Perform fiber optic and Ethernet cable troubleshooting and
- Generate Problem Trouble Reports (PTRs) and perform repairs to
electronic hardware and software. Monitor the results of any
resulting fixes and retest as required. Provide feedback on any
needed upgrades to the system hardware and software to the
Technical Direction and Design Agents.
- Perform shipboard technical assistance, at-sea testing support,
and logistics support at US Navy bases in the Continental US and
overseas.JOB REQUIREMENTSREQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's level degree in an Engineering discipline (Computer
- 1 - 3 years professional experience.ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- ---Have an active Secret clearance or the ability to obtain a
- Multi-task oriented and capable of prioritizing.
- Excellent oral and written communications required.
- Ability to travel, with a valid US passportHIGHLY DESIRED
QUALIFICATIONS (Not required):
- Security+, Network +, Linux Administration certifications a
- Programming skills are also a plus. Working with Linux systems
or with Java Language (preferred).
- Experience with US Navy submarines.Founded in 1975, AMERICAN
SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the
United States. We are a government services contractor focused on
delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority
programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Through our focus on
quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver
excellence every day.Company Awards:
- Forbes National Best Midsize Companies 2021
- Energage National Best Workplaces, National 2021
- Washington Post Best Workplaces, 2021Veteran Hiring Awards:
- U.S. Department of Labor Hire Vets Medallion
- BEST FOR VETS by Military Times
- TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com
Keywords: AMERICAN SYSTEMS, Bethesda , System Engineer, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!