Company: Axle Informatics
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Axle Informatics is a bioinformatics and information technology
company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and
enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare
organizations around the globe. With experts in software
engineering, bioinformatics, and program management, we focus on
developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower
decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational
research. We work with some of the top research organizations and
facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the
National Institutes of health (NIH).Axle is seeking a highly
ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Biologist to
join our vibrant team at the National Institutes of Health (NIH),
Laboratory of Immune System Biology (LISB), Molecular Development
Immune System Section and NIAID Clinical Genomics Program.Technical
- Perform a wide variety of procedures and techniques which may
include, but are not limited to cell culture, DNA analysis, DNA
isolation, DNA purification, DNA sequencing, flow cytometry,
molecular cloning, western blotting, genotyping, maxiprep, and
making competent cells.
- Assist the NIAID Clinical Genomics Program on performing ficoll
gradients on blood samples, immunotyping, gDNA isolation, DNA prep,
QC, and plate preparation for sequencing.
- Maintain comprehensive and systematic records of DNA pipeline
- Maintain regular communication with research nurse regarding
sample readiness, need for replacement samples, etc.
- Maintain and organize inventory of human samples using the
Biological Specimen Inventory System (BSI).
- Assist other lab staff on BSI and verify that lab staff enter
samples correctly and in real time.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments, including stating
methods and procedures, any modifications to employed specimens and
materials involved, and results of experiments.
- Assist with preparing experimental data for presentations and
publication and reports.
- Assist with analysis, evaluate, and discuss the results of each
experiment with the federal task leader as part of the planning
process for subsequent studies, and present these findings in
individual weekly meetings with supervisor as well as lab group
- Assist lab manager with maintaining laboratory inventory and
ordering supplies, as needed.
- Attend and participate in weekly lab meetings and relevant
- Practice professional and confidential communication methods
when interacting with outside collaborators.Specific Qualifications
- Bachelor's or master's degree in biology, life sciences or a
- Minimum of 2 years' experience performing the duties listed
above in a laboratory setting.
- Candidate must be able to work with other staff members in a
collegial, open, respectful, and interactive manner.
- Experience with flow cytometry, genotyping, handling infectious
microbes, molecular biology techniques, and maintaining tissue
culture cell lines.Benefits
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)The diversity of
Axle's employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to
providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will
not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment-based age,
race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital
status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with
respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected
under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid,
abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to
discriminate.Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of
the employment process please contact:Email:
email@example.comDisclaimer: The above description is meant to
illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being
performed by individual's assigned to this position or job
description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all
skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required.
Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their
position, job description or responsibilities as needed.
Keywords: Axle Informatics, Bethesda , Biologist, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!