Posted on: June 22, 2022
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business
partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through
our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly
Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering,
scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work
with the leading medical research center in the world. We are
seeking an individual to work as a Statistician at the National
Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Performs experimental investigations and similar research
projects utilizing extensive applications of mathematical and
- Assist researchers with the planning, implementing, and
analysis of research projects.
- Perform data analysis, including model building analysis,
assessing trends, determining correlations, testing for
heterogeneity, and compiling and communicating results to
investigators to participate in the interpretation of results and
planning of further analyses. 1
- Provide statistical advice and consultation to the
investigators in study design, data management, choice and
application of statistical methods, data analysis, and
interpretation of statistical results.
- Develops original computer code and programs for the
application of new mathematical and statistical theories for the
solution of proposed problems related to various scientific
studies. Ensure that all data products (dynamic reports, tables,
and graphics) are reproducible from the original source data by
maintaining clear, commented, and consistent code and organization
of files and folders.
- Perform qualitative analysis of free-text responses, including
codebook development, qualitative coding, and analysis using
computer assisted qualitative data analysis software.
- Develop and systematically apply data classification schemes
and process and combine data sets for analysis from diverse
- Utilizes statistical software packages to manage, maintain and
analyze large, complex statistical databases.
- Present data by preparing charts, tables, and graphs, using
software that can be used for scientific monographs, book chapters,
and professional presentations (including poster and oral
- Research methods in data analysis, revise study forms,
graphically display analytic results, collaborate in writing or
editing drafts of manuscripts for publication.
- Recommend appropriate statistical techniques for analysis of
research data and prepare statistical reports, analyze data, and
use statistical software packages and programs such as SAS and
- Enters and verifies data fields and data dictionaries.
- Transfer data between software, dataset creation (merge and
concatenation), data cleaning (identify and correct data entry
errors and missing values) and data transformation (create and
categorize variables and impute data).
- Check and confirm the accuracy of calculations conducted by
collaborating programmers, analysts, and presenters to guard
against mistakes in design, conduct, or presentation of risk
- Create data entry applications to improve data collection and
- Collects and analyzes mathematical data and performs
descriptive and missing data analyses.
- Perform data analysis of data sets involving statistical
procedures varying in complexity from simple bivariate tests to
advanced regression methods for longitudinal data analysis and
time-to-event analysis; determine correlations between
- Perform data analysis including cross-tabulation, descriptive
analysis using standard statistical procedures, as well as model
building (logistic regression, conditional logistic
- Organize, manage and design data files and plans for associated
statistical analysis. Tracks and documents all modifications,
errors and changes to all databases and decisions.
- Complete technical writing including co-authoring of articles
for journal submission and writing of professional services
agreements and statements of work.
- Research and review literature to retrieve targeted clinical or
scientific information from publicly available resources.
- Review literature and create bibliographies, research methods
in data analysis, revise study forms, graphically display analytic
results and collaborate with staff on writing and editing drafts of
manuscripts for publication.
- Develops and coordinates the training program for staff in
statistical and mathematical analysis.
- Write data analysis reports and participate in the preparation
of scientific presentations and manuscripts.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Master's degree in HR or related field of study
- Statistical modelling
- Database management
- Data visualization
- Data presentation
- Data cleaning
- Data analysis SOFTWARE
- PowerBI - STATA - SPSS
FIELD OF STUDY
- Human Resources and Personnel Management
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Please Note: Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for all
job opportunities offered through Kelly Government Solutions, in
accordance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID
Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINEWhen you apply, please know a Kelly Government
Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you
directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of
this position; a full job can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot
accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position,
you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have
access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the
right thing for our talent and clients.
We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity
for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a
focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity,
Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search
of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months
ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our
employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay
Keywords: Kelly, Bethesda , Statistician, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!