Scientist (Biology Specialization) - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business
partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through
our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly
Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering,
scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work
with the leading medical research center in the world. We are
seeking a Scientist at the National Institutes of Health in
This is a long-term contract position which offers:- Competitive
compensation and comprehensive benefit package- Optional health,
vision, and dental plans- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal
holidays and 401K plan.- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and
niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Perform a wide variety of procedures and techniques including
cell culture, clinical/diagnostic microbiology, DNA analysis, DNA
isolation, DNA purification, DNA sequencing, flow cytometry, gene
cloning, manipulation of radioactive isotopes, natural product
isolation, organic synthesis, peptide synthesis, protein analysis,
RNA isolation, tissue processing and preparation, histology,
multiplex immunofluorescence imaging, advanced confocal microscopy,
and quantitative imaging.
- Perform flow cytometric cell sorting and/or analysis of
research scientist-supplied samples.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments and their results and
prepare the information resulting from these experiments for
presentations at laboratory-wide, NIH-wide, and national and
international meetings and for publication.
- Generate laboratory records to support laboratory research, and
independently performing necessary calculations.
- Write report(s) of findings, stating methods and procedures,
including any modifications employed, specimens and materials
involved, and results of experiments.
- Interpret, evaluate, and discuss the results of each experiment
with the supervisor as part of the planning process for subsequent
studies, and present these findings in individual weekly meetings
with supervisor as well as lab group meetings.
- Provide training to students and other laboratory personnel in
the use of sophisticated laboratory equipment and in the
performance of specialized procedures, techniques, etc.
- Maintain laboratory supplies and equipment including chemicals,
biological materials, etc. required to handle biological materials,
carcinogens, recombinant protein materials, acids, biological
- Develop, manage, and oversee quality assurance programs to
assess and ensure adherence to guidelines, applicable Federal
regulations, and Institute policies and procedures such as the
collection of human samples.
- Establish relationships with other NIH investigators to enable
innovation and possible collaborations.
- Promote research of laboratory through public speaking
engagements at the NIH and national and international
- Perform laboratory upkeep and routine maintenance of
- Perform minor lab management duties that will entail the
maintenance of equipment and liaise with vendors as needed.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Ph.D. degree in biology or related discipline required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related work experience is
- Effective communication skills working in a team
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours when
experimental needs require it.
- Strong foundation in principles of molecular biology, genetics,
systems biology, immunology, and microscopic immunofluorescence
PLEASE APPLY ONLINEWhen you apply, please know a Kelly Government
Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you
directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of
this position; a full job description can be made available at that
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot
accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position,
you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have
access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the
right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity,
inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build
the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety,
value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent
Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way
to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months
ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our
employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19
may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client
and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share
more details with you during the interview process.
Keywords: Kelly, Bethesda , Scientist (Biology Specialization) - NIH - Bethesda, MD, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!