Company: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Posted on: November 16, 2022
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is a leading healthcare nonprofit
organization like no other. For decades, we have been taking major
steps and pioneering new ways to find a cure for cystic fibrosis.We
are the global leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis
and nearly every CF drug and therapy available today was made
possible because of CF Foundation support. We did this not only for
the more than 30,000 people living in the U.S. with CF - and the
estimated 70,000 people worldwide - but for the families who have
worked tirelessly to find a cure for their loved ones living with
CF.These achievements have required dedication and unwavering
commitment from a talented team of CF Foundation employees. We have
created an environment that attracts -- and retains -- a diverse
group of talented people who are passionate about changing the face
of this disease. Join us and you will partner with colleagues of
varying backgrounds and expertise, all united in our mission.Job
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees
embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are
the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to
sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on
what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work.
We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we
can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond
boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all
who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support
one another.We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that
has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic
fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this
disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible
because of Foundation support.POSITION SUMMARY:The CF Foundation
Receptionist is responsible for greeting visitors and delivering
exceptional customer service. This involves answering incoming
phone calls and fielding accordingly, greeting visitors, and
answering visitor questions, and providing an overall welcoming
environment. It also involves providing administrative duties
related to facilities and operations management.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Responsible for answering all incoming calls using Microsoft
Teams for business, working in a professional and efficient manner,
and transferring callers to the appropriate party. Assisting
callers by taking messages if necessary. Responsible for ensuring
there is complete reception coverage during business hours.
- Responsible for greeting visitors per HIPAA regulations by
issuing visitors badges and contacting the appropriate party upon
- Gatekeeper and first point of contact in the process for
Inviting Persons with CF to the Bethesda office.
- Log all incoming packages (UPS, Federal Express, Certified
Mail, etc.), contact the recipient of the delivery and ensure
recipient signs for each package. Produce and update the front desk
manual. Update and distribute all phone and department directories.
Contact couriers for pick-ups and deliveries. Transportation -
requesting an Uber from the Foundation account or car company as
- Process general invoices and check requests in a timely manner
relating to the maintenance and overall function of the
- Contact building or use building website to input various
facility issues (upon request). Create communications regarding
facility as needed.
- Take new hire photos; create/delete Access Card (Datatwatch)
for employees and loaner badges.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- One-year receptionist experience preferred.
- Professional demeanor; excellent customer service skills with
ability to maintain HIPAA confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both English and Spanish
- Excellent communication skills to answer calls effectively and
greet visitors. Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate
effectively with callers, employees, and visitors.
- Initiative, follow-through, sound, and accurate judgment with
an ability to support and explain reasoning for decisions. Include
appropriate people in decision-making process and ensure that
timely decisions are made.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and keep
- Ability to do administrative duties with working knowledge of
Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word.REPORTING
RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Office Manager. No direct
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive
noise, dust, and temperature.
- Ability to sit and answer phones for one hundred percent of the
- Ability to reach or bend for filing or other needs.
- Ability to physical lift, push and move up to 10 pounds.
- In office, 5 days/weekThe above is intended to describe the
general content of and requirements for the performance of this
job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of
essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.Total
Rewards: The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is committed to offering
competitive compensation (base pay and incentive), benefits, and
professional development opportunities that maximize our ability to
recruit, retain, reward, and motivate a highly-qualified and
diverse workforce. Our comprehensive benefits package includes
medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous time-off and leave
policies; a holistic well-being program; health savings and
flexible spending accounts; employer-provided life and disability
insurance; retirement savings benefits; and a variety of work-life
benefits to support employees and their family members.The CF
Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to
being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a
great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and
maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or
mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national
origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or
testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or
status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any
characteristic protected by law.Reasonable Accommodation: The CF
Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application
procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an
accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at
Keywords: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Bethesda , Receptionist, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!