Company: Medical Science & Computing (MSC)
Posted on: November 17, 2022
We are currently searching for an Associate Scientist to provide
support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This
opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform a wide variety of procedures and techniques which may
include but are not limited to:
- Working mammalian cell culture including handling and
maintenance of primary cells.
- Protein gel electrophoresis, transfer, and Western
- Isolation of DNA, RNA, and protein from mammalian cells and
- PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, DNA cloning and plasmid preparations.
- Perform transfection of mammalian cells with DNA plasmids and
- Perform basic laboratory maintenance including monitoring the
levels of supplies, arranging for equipment repair/calibration,
handling received orders.
- Perform lab work and experiments following protocols and
- Communicate and interact effectively with a diverse laboratory
- MD or PhD in a related field is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a
- Experience in Chromatin Immunoprecipitation Assays (ChIP
- Basic knowledge of statistics, of virology (DNA viruses;
herpesviruses), of epigenetics is required.
- Experience working with DNA viruses; Titering, infection of
tissue culture cells, fluorescent and confocal microscopy is
- Familiarity with protein purification chromatography is
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Prism, Photoshop
- Familiarity with bioinformatic analyses of RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq,
ATAC-Seq data is required.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science &
Computing and Ace Info Solutions) were acquired in October
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to
the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities
in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our
public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their
most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory
pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency,
and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory,
consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable,
innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and
position them for future growth and success. The company has more
than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse
is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned
professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and
emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving
national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran
status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other
basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of
Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment
opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require
accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at
1-571-633-1711 or via email at
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from
search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be
considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be
obligated to pay a placement fee.
Keywords: Medical Science & Computing (MSC), Bethesda , Associate Scientist, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!