Scientist - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business
partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through
our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly
Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering,
scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work
with the leading medical research center in the world. We are
seeking an experienced individual to work as a Scientist (Vaccine
Production Program) at the National Institutes of Health in
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans -Vacation leave as
well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Advance vaccine and therapeutic protein candidates including
monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins, and virus-like
particles by developing stable cell lines for preclinical
- Independently culture mammalian cells in plates, shake flasks,
and small-scale bioreactors with aseptic technique.
- Perform transfection, selection, cloning, and maintenance of
cells expressing proteins of interest.
- Generate stable pools and perform transient protein production
for supply of reagent-grade material.
- Prepare plasmid DNA using standard molecular cloning
- Participate in cell line development platform design,
optimization, and cycle-time reduction studies including methods
for clone selection, expansion, ranking, and characterization by
reviewing recent literature and new technologies.
- Identify, propose, and execute process and procedural changes
to improve process performance, robustness, productivity, and
- Independently design, perform, and troubleshoot experiments and
- Plan and execute cell line development projects from plasmid
construction through top clone selection.
- Oversee maintenance and support for one or more pieces of
- Generate, maintain and review accurate daily records of
experiments and results in a laboratory notebook.
- Prepare and review experimental plans, proposals, reports,
SOPs, and production records.
- Collect information, draft and verify data for CMC sections of
pre-IND and IND documents to ensure successful registration of
- Review experiments in order to evaluate the progress of the
research and ensure that experiments and documentation conform to
- Work closely with other members of CLD team, upstream process
development and downstream process development teams to improve
workflow efficiency and overall process yield.
- Work with Federal Task Leader to manage project timelines and
provide regular updates to project teams.
- Coordinate team meeting updates and presentations.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences with a minimum of 2 years of
independent research experience in an academic or industrial
- Hands-on experience with aseptic technique and mammalian cell
culture along with supporting technologies for cell line
engineering including cell counting, high-throughput transfection,
single-cell cloning, flow cytometry, and automated small-scale
- Familiarity with molecular cloning methods, PCR, and agarose
gel electrophoresis as well as supporting software for generating
and editing plasmid maps.
- Ability to independently design experiments and work plans and
manage project timelines for complex projects.
- Experience in preparing technical reports, standard operating
procedures, and data presentations.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment within the cell
line development team and with other teams.
Please Note: Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for all
job opportunities offered through Kelly Government Solutions, in
accordance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID
Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINEWhen you apply, please know a Kelly Government
Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you
directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot
accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position,
you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have
access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the
right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity,
inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build
the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety,
value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent
Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way
to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months
ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our
employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay
Keywords: Kelly Services, Bethesda , Scientist - NIH - Bethesda, MD, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!