IT Service Desk Intern
Company: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Posted on: January 21, 2023
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is a leading healthcare nonprofit
organization like no other. For decades, we have been taking major
steps and pioneering new ways to advance the mission to find a cure
for cystic fibrosis and to provide all people with CF the
opportunity to lead long, fulfilling lives by funding research and
drug development, partnering with the CF community, and advancing
high-quality, specialized care. We are the global leader in the
search for a cure for cystic fibrosis and nearly every CF drug and
therapy available today was made possible because of CF Foundation
support. We did this not only for the close to 40,000 people living
in the U.S. with CF - and the estimated 105,000 people worldwide -
but for the people with CF and families who have worked tirelessly
to support the mission. These achievements have required dedication
and unwavering commitment from a talented team of CF Foundation
employees. We promote an environment that attracts -- and retains
-- a diverse group of talented people who are passionate about
eradicating this disease . Join us and you will join an amazing
team, devoted to our community, and our mission. Position
DescriptionThe Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its
employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core
values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will
continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on
what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work.
We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we
can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond
boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all
who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support
one another.We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that
has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic
fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this
disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible
because of Foundation support.POSITION SUMMARY:Responsible for
providing support to the Service Desk Team. Complete duties and
responsibilities as assigned based on knowledge, skills, and
abilities while learning and gaining more IT/Service Desk
experience.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer phones/emails received by the IT Service Desk, log
(create tickets) for phone calls/emails/missed
calls/voicemails/walk up requests and categorize tickets.
- Ask customers questions to gather information/problem
description to help determine nature of problem and document
- Monitor incident queue and ensure first response SLA is met.
Assign/move tickets to correct Teams/individuals.
- Follow established SOPs, work instructions, and knowledgebase
to resolve Tier 0 and Tier 1 tickets: work with Service Desk
Analysts as appropriate.
- Assist in projects' implementation and complete assigned
- Track incident ticket queue and follow up with customers to
ensure the issue has been resolved or follow up with ticket's
technical assignees to ensure tickets are getting resolved or
- Shadow Service Desk Analysts and help document processes, SOPs,
and work instructions for the knowledgebase.
- Help keep track on Service Desk's on-hand laptop and peripheral
equipment stock for break/fix; notify/advise IT Service Desk Team
Lead/Manager when break/fix stock needs to be replenished.
- Organize Service Desk's stock area/cabinets.
- Test functionality of peripheral equipment prior to obtain
approval from Service Desk Team Lead/Manager to coordinate with
Operations Team for disposal pickup.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- Currently enrolled in a community college or university
actively pursuing a degree related to Information Technology.
- Preference for individuals with prior Service Desk
- Minimum 15 hours per week commitment.
- Detail oriented - thorough when performing work and
conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service oriented - collaborates with customers to
assess their needs and document tickets. Provide information or
assistance, resolve their problems. Knows when to escalate to
Service Desk Technicians, Supervisor, and/or other IT teams for
additional support. Follow-up and follow-through.
- Good oral/written communication - expresses information
effectively, know the audience and nature of the information;
listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds
- Flexible and trainable.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Work closely with IT Service Desk Analysts and IT Service Desk
- Reports to the Director, IT Service Management.WORKING
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive
noise, dust, and temperature.COMPENSATION:
- This paid internship opportunity offers a pay rate of $20.00
per hour less applicable taxes and concludes on June 30th, 2023.The
above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions,
responsibilities, or requirements.Total Rewards: The CF Foundation
is committed to offering competitive compensation (base pay and
incentive), benefits, and professional development opportunities
that maximize our ability to recruit, retain, reward, and motivate
a highly-qualified and diverse workforce. Our comprehensive
benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage;
generous time-off and leave policies; a holistic well-being
program; health savings and flexible spending accounts;
employer-provided life and disability insurance; retirement savings
benefits; and a variety of work-life benefits to support employees
and their family members.The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity
employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just
a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We
strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed,
ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status,
genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression,
sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled
veteran or any characteristic protected by law.Reasonable
Accommodations: The CF Foundation is committed to providing
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need
assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a
disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org.
Keywords: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Bethesda , IT Service Desk Intern, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!