Associate Program Officer, Research Affairs
Company: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Posted on: January 21, 2023
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is a leading healthcare nonprofit
organization like no other. For decades, we have been taking major
steps and pioneering new ways to find a cure for cystic fibrosis.We
are the global leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis
and nearly every CF drug and therapy available today was made
possible because of CF Foundation support. We did this not only for
the more than 30,000 people living in the U.S. with CF - and the
estimated 70,000 people worldwide - but for the families who have
worked tirelessly to find a cure for their loved ones living with
CF.These achievements have required dedication and unwavering
commitment from a talented team of CF Foundation employees. We have
created an environment that attracts -- and retains -- a diverse
group of talented people who are passionate about changing the face
of this disease. Join us and you will partner with colleagues of
varying backgrounds and expertise, all united in our mission.Job
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees
embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are
the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to
sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on
what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work.
We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we
can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond
boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all
who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support
one another.We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that
has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic
fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this
disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible
because of Foundation support.POSITION SUMMARY:This role will
assist with research and project management activities related to
the managing and monitoring the portfolio of drug discovery and
development projects, research programs, clinical trials, and
medicals programs being supported by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
(CFF) and the Therapeutics Development Network. They will work as
an integral part of the Research Affairs Scientific and Project
Management Team.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the lead in overseeing project management activities
within the Supportive Care Research Portfolio (Anti-Infective,
Mucolytics, GI, Nutrition).
- Takes initiative in proactively reviewing and preparing
scientific materials to support the scientific team and advance the
defined strategic priorities of the Research Affairs Team.
- Proactively engage with portfolio companies funded by the CFF
to ensure a strong and supportive collaboration throughout the
- Participates in teleconferences, on-site and off-site visits of
CFF supported research, clinical trials, and drug discovery
- Collects monthly/quarterly progress updates from funded
companies and Program Officers to update internal data systems,
including operational and financial updates.
- Provides Therapeutic Development Portfolio support to Director,
BioPharma Portfolio Management, as needed.
- Collaborates with other CFF departments (e.g.,
Investments/Business Development, Communications, Finance, Strategy
and Legal) related to ongoing mission-related investment activities
- Assists other PM Team members in the future development and
progress of the TDA Process Improvement Project.
- Prepares portfolio report documents and presentations for
monthly/quarterly progress updates to senior management.
- Engages with the Investments/Business Development Team to
facilitate meetings with Program Officers and biotech/pharma
companies for initial scientific diligence of opportunities.
- Lead in monitoring project milestones, associated expenses, and
budget projections for anti-infective programs to ensure
achievement of goals.
- Completes data entry into systems tracking the progress of
medical projects, grants, and CF clinical trials.
- Adheres to internal and external compliance and security
standards including but not limited to HIPAA, IT security and GDP
(Good Document Practices).KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ph.D. with three (3) or more years of related experience as a
project lead/project manager within a health or science driven
- Experience in project execution including implementing
projects, budget management, process integration, and system
- Experience monitoring, maintaining schedules, and reporting
progress for concurrent projects (project execution experience a
plus, including implementing projects, budget management, process
integration, and system support).
- Demonstrates analytical, problem-solving, and facilitation
skills, with the ability to analyze a system, and document its
processes, through integration with technology.
- Experience in developing, launching, and maintaining project
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint.
- Basic understanding of biomedical scientific principles and
their applications for drug discovery and development.
- Basic knowledge of clinical trials, FDA regulations, pharma
business model (patient care models a plus).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: must be able
to communicate confidently and effectively with project team
members and executive management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in
- High attention to detail and organization.
- Travel up to 10-15%.REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the
Senior Director, Research Operations and Advisor to the Chief
Scientific Officer. No direct reports.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive
noise, dust, and temperature.
- No heavy lifting required.
- Minimal travel (e.g., 2x/yr.) to conferences and meetings, as
necessary.The above is intended to describe the general content of
and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions,
responsibilities, or requirements.Total Rewards: The Cystic
Fibrosis Foundation is committed to offering competitive
compensation (base pay and incentive), benefits, and professional
development opportunities that maximize our ability to recruit,
retain, reward, and motivate a highly-qualified and diverse
workforce. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical,
dental, and vision coverage; generous time-off and leave policies;
a holistic well-being program; health savings and flexible spending
accounts; employer-provided life and disability insurance;
retirement savings benefits; and a variety of work-life benefits to
support employees and their family members.The CF Foundation is an
equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer
of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive
place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse
workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability,
color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age,
sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender
identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a
Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic
protected by law.Reasonable Accommodation: The CF Foundation is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If
you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due
to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org.
Keywords: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Bethesda , Associate Program Officer, Research Affairs, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!