Communications Specialist, Community Engagement
Company: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Posted on: January 21, 2023
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is a leading healthcare nonprofit
organization like no other. For decades, we have been taking major
steps and pioneering new ways to advance the mission to find a cure
for cystic fibrosis and to provide all people with CF the
opportunity to lead long, fulfilling lives by funding research and
drug development, partnering with the CF community, and advancing
high-quality, specialized care. We are the global leader in the
search for a cure for cystic fibrosis and nearly every CF drug and
therapy available today was made possible because of CF Foundation
support. We did this not only for the close to 40,000 people living
in the U.S. with CF - and the estimated 105,000 people worldwide -
but for the people with CF and families who have worked tirelessly
to support the mission. These achievements have required dedication
and unwavering commitment from a talented team of CF Foundation
employees. We promote an environment that attracts -- and retains
-- a diverse group of talented people who are passionate about
eradicating this disease . Join us and you will join an amazing
team, devoted to our community, and our mission. Position
DescriptionThe Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its
employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core
values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will
continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on
what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work.
We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we
can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond
boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all
who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support
one another.We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that
has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic
fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this
disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible
because of Foundation support.POSITION SUMMARY:The Community
Engagement Specialist liaises with the Community Engagement and
Volunteer Engagement teams on communications plans and develops and
executes strategies that achieve the engagement goals of the CF
Foundation. This position works closely with the Director of
Community Engagement to create awareness of and
participation/utilization across Foundation programs and services
and helps to amplify the stories of the CF community by managing
the CF Community Blog.The Community Engagement Specialist
ultimately acts as a connector between communications, programs,
and CF community members with a strong focus on collaboration and
storytelling.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop communications and marketing plans for assigned
programs and efforts.
- Write compelling marketing content and messaging
- Manage the CF Community blog, including a team of writers and
- Project manage campaigns that meet the strategic goals of
community engagement communications.
- Capture community members' stories to support marketing and
- Special projects as assigned.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience.
- Minimum two years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to successfully manage
multiple requests and competing deadlines.
- Curious self-starter; highly collaborative, proactive and
resourceful, with problem-solving skills.
- Love of proactive community engagement and relationship
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and articulate in
- Bi-lingual, English and Spanish desired.REPORTING
- Reports to the Communication Director, Community Engagement. No
direct reports.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive
noise, dust and temperature.
- No heavy lifting required.
- Minimal travel to conferences and meetings, as necessary.The
above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions,
responsibilities or requirements.Total Rewards: The CF Foundation
is committed to offering competitive compensation (base pay and
incentive), benefits, and professional development opportunities
that maximize our ability to recruit, retain, reward, and motivate
a highly-qualified and diverse workforce. Our comprehensive
benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage;
generous time-off and leave policies; a holistic well-being
program; health savings and flexible spending accounts;
employer-provided life and disability insurance; retirement savings
benefits; and a variety of work-life benefits to support employees
and their family members.The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity
employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just
a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We
strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed,
ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status,
genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression,
sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled
veteran or any characteristic protected by law.Reasonable
Accommodations: The CF Foundation is committed to providing
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need
assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a
disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org.
Keywords: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Bethesda , Communications Specialist, Community Engagement, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!