Security Officer (Mid-Shift)
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Job Number 22220998Job Category Loss Prevention &
SecurityLocation Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue,
Bethesda, Maryland, United StatesSchedule Full-TimeLocated
Remotely? NRelocation? NPosition Type Non-ManagementJOB
SUMMARYPatrol all areas of Headquarters and the parking areas.
Monitor Closed Circuit Televisions, perimeter alarm system, duress
alarms, and fire life safety system. Lock property entrances when
required. Conduct daily physical hazard inspections. Respond to
accidents/incidents, contact EMS, or administer first aid/CPR as
required. Assist visitors/associates during emergency situations.
Notify appropriate individuals in the event of accidents, attacks,
or other incidents. Defuse visitor/associate disturbances. Call for
outside assistance if necessary. Complete incident reports to
document all Security related incidents. Handle all interruptions
and complaints. Resolve safety hazard situations. Escort any
unwelcome persons from the property without interrupting the
orderly flow of property operation. Report to scenes of vehicle
accidents/incidents. Call for assistance using proper radio code
responses. Complete a Security shift summary/daily activity report.
Maintain confidentiality of all Security and property
reports/documents; release information only to authorized
individuals. Conduct investigations and gather evidence. Conduct
interviews with relevant parties.Follow all company policies and
procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions
to manager; complete safety training and certifications; ensure
uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional;
maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect
company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all visitors and associates
s according to company standards; anticipate and address service
needs; assist individuals with disabilities; Speak with others
using clear and professional language; prepare and review written
documents accurately and completely. Develop and maintain positive
working relationships with others; support team to reach common
goals. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. In addition,
some states may have additional licensing/registration requirements
to be considered for this position. Read and visually verify
information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Visually
inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or
point of sale systems. Move at a speed required to respond to work
situations (e.g., run, walk, jog). Stand, sit, or walk for an
extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift,
carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to
50 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 75
pounds with assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of
varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye
coordination. Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces.
Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and
down stairs and/or service ramps. Reach overhead and below the
knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform
other reasonable job duties as requested by security
leadership.CRITICAL TASKSSafety and Security
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and
procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Monitor and maintain building safety, fire codes, and the
safety of visitors and associates.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency
situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately
upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions
and/or report them to management and security/safety
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for
handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood
borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective
clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as
necessary, to avoid injury.
- Verify unwelcome persons do not gain entry past the lobby by
following department safety and security policies and maintain
awareness of undesirable persons on property premises
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to
perform work tasks.Managing Lobby Operations
- Provide and create an experience that exceeds expectations and
builds loyalty through positive public relations while preserving
safety and order among associates and visitors and protecting the
- Verify identification of all visitors and associates entering
the building and that identification procedures are complete and
- Support Workplace Management with visitor badge issuance and
complete sign in/out procedures for all guests and store guest bags
and/or luggage, as needed.
- Notify associates of appointment arrivals and visitors
- Follow Headquarters policy on allowing visitors/contractors
access to the building.
- Issue keys to those authorized persons that need to get into
office areas in the facility. Maintain the key log.
- Respond to visitor and associate requests for special
arrangements or services (e.g., transportation, reservations,
vehicle assistance, provide directions) by identifying appropriate
- Verify all lobby systems are in working order. (i.e.,
Turnstiles, elevators, door access control)
- Turn off any unnecessary lights or machines in the
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the building.
- Assist HQ HR Services as requested (e.g., escorts,
- Enforce the parking regulations in the parking lots around the
facility, noting all violations and issuance of parking
- Receive, log, and secure all lost and found items. If cash is
involved have another Security Officer witness the counting of the
- Monitor the loading/unloading of materials from the facility
and ensure that the person possesses the proper authorization for
removal of the specific item.Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of associates, visitors, and
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in
accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean,
hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Assistant
- Verify proper coverage and prompt service is always in
- Address associate/visitor service needs in a professional,
positive, and timely manner.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including
assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals
within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words
to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out
of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Actively listen and respond positively to questions, concerns,
and requests to resolve issues,
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every associate or visitor
with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using
names when possible.Communication
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs,
business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and
editing written information to ensure accuracy and
- Speak to visitors, associates and co-workers using clear,
appropriate, and professional language.
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic
devices (e.g., cell/mobile phones, pagers and two-way radios,
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including
answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's
voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate
person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller
on hold, taking, and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to
end the call.Working with Others
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or visitors with
tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working
relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of
teamwork and achieve common goals.Quality Assurance/Quality
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats
(e.g., small print).
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers
and/or point of sale systems.
- Move at a speed required to respond to work situations (e.g.,
run, walk, jog).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an
entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less
than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and objects weighing
in excess of 75 pounds with assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight,
requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending,
twisting, pulling, and stooping.Surveillance/Patrol
- Patrol and document all areas of the property by foot or
vehicle using specified equipment to ensure perimeter doors, garage
entry doors, stairwell doors, offices, and meeting rooms, etc. are
- Monitor Closed Circuit Televisions (CCTV), building access
control, perimeter alarm system, duress alarms, and fire life
safety system to ensure that any unusual behavior or
emergency/crisis situations are dispatched to appropriate personnel
for review or investigation and be documented appropriately.
- Lock/unlock property entrances during designated times.
- Conduct daily physical hazard inspections and report any unsafe
conditions or work practices.
- Audit security systems (i.e., Cameras, Radios, Key Control,
Door Lockdown, Access Control, etc.) on a pre-determined scheduled
frequency to ensure all are fully operational.Incident/Emergency
- Respond to the scene of visitor or employee accidents and
determine if emergency aid is required.
- Administer first aid/CPR to visitors or associates as
- Assist during emergency situations, such as fire, evacuation,
flood, severe weather, bomb threat, robbery, natural disasters,
- Notify manager/supervisor, local police, or other appropriate
individuals in the event of accidents, attacks, or other
- Communicate specified information regarding visitor or employee
accidents to EMS/medical personnel as required.
- Defuse visitor or employee disturbances/altercations in
accordance with company policies and procedures, including
summoning appropriate authorities if necessary, and documenting
- Complete incident reports to document all Security related
incidents such as theft, accidents, physical hazards, and fire
- Handle business interruptions and complaints, such as
suspicious individuals, civil disturbances, or demonstrations,
- Resolve safety hazard situations.
- Escort any unwelcome persons (e.g., trespassers, loiterers)
from the property without interrupting the orderly flow of property
- Report to scenes of vehicle accidents/thefts and document all
- Call for assistance using proper code
- Complete a Security shift summary/daily activity report to
ensure that all information is properly logged.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Security and property
reports/documents and release information only to authorized
- Conduct investigations and gather evidence related to
theft/fraud or lost items, and all complaints and incidents.
- Conduct interviews with relevant parties to obtain statements
and information related to incidents.CRITICAL
- LearningComputer SkillsInterpersonal Skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Diversity Relations
- TeamworkInterpersonal SkillsCommunications
- English Language Proficiency
- Applied Reading
- Telephone & Radio Etiquette SkillsPersonal Attributes
- Safety Orientation
- Positive DemeanorStress ToleranceEmergency ResponseStressful
- Time Management
- Detailed OrientationPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSEducation
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalentRelated Work Experience
- Related work experience is requiredSupervisory Experience
- No supervisory experience is requiredMarriott International is
an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse
workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are
committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as
disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under
applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with
applicable federal, state and local law.Marriott International is
the worlds largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and
more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a
great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask,
where will your journey take you?
Keywords: Marriott, Bethesda , Security Officer (Mid-Shift), Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!