Database Administration, Senior Associate (Database Administrator - Oracle/MySQL/SQL (Senior))
Company: The MIL Corporation
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Seeking an Database Administration, Senior Associate to be
responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation
of computer systems.
- Maintain responsibility network policies
- Monitor new complex systems
- Sustain and maintain a production database environment, a
replica test database environment, and an unclassified but similar
- Coordinate and assist with deployment and support
- Develop data migration plans and scripts
- Update, patch, and improve the application and database as
- Configure and install systems hardware or software and maintain
server and domain security requirements.
- Plan and schedule the installation of new or modified hardware,
operating systems and applications software
- Maintain systems configuration and manage the installation and
integration of system fixes, upgrades and enhancements. Required
- United States citizenship is required
- Must have experience as a Database Administrator to include
tasks such as data migration, data replication, user
administration, backup and recovery, performance tuning, issue
investigation, issue resolution, and general administration.
- Must have experience using Oracle SQL/PLSQL, and SQL in
- Experience developing database structures that fit into overall
architecture of the system under development.
- Skilled, thoughtful, and detail-oriented professional.
- IAT Level II Baseline Certification (e.g. CCNA Security, CySA ,
GICSP, GSEC, SecurityCE, CND, SSCP.)
- Have skills in the following areas:
- Experience managing Oracle Databases in both Windows and Linux
- Experience working with and managing Oracle Identity and Access
- Managing all aspects of an Oracle database including
installation, configuration, and data migration.
- Performance monitoring, troubleshooting, security, backups, and
- Installing, patching, maintaining, and monitoring Oracle
- Create and maintain SQL and PL/SQL queries and shell
- Providing maintenance support for database systems.
- Data Extraction, transformation, and loading
- Perform routine security and authentication measures
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of
COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination. Desired
- Prior experienced with NIH
- Experience with one or more of the following: Solarwinds,
Atlassian, ACAS, Ansiblie Tower, Spacewalk, WSUS, Microsoft,
Lumension, Adbe, CITRIX, HP, CISCO, VMWare, NETAPP, APACHE, Splunk,
RHEL, IBM Tivoli Education
BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8years of prior relevant
experience or Masters with 2years of prior relevant experience.
Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry
professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber,
engineering, financial management, and information technology - and
we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of
college, the military, or well into your professional services
career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment
instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it
truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our
most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work -
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials---
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina
(Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and
Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
(ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and
Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading
technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in
cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater,
where you, the people, make the difference.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity
and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: The MIL Corporation, Bethesda , Database Administration, Senior Associate (Database Administrator - Oracle/MySQL/SQL (Senior)), Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...