Company: Leidos Inc
Posted on: May 18, 2023
Description Leidos Civilian Health Solutions is seeking an
experienced Applications Lead, contingent upon contract award, to
support NIH programs in Bethesda, MD.must be local to the DC Metro
area for hybrid workThe position is part of a highly visible Health
Information Technology (IT) services effort. As the largest
biomedical research agency in the world, NIH has access to
extensive data via numerous web applications, data services and
other mechanisms, and requires advanced business intelligence
dashboards to support smart decision-making.Primary
Responsibilities:As the Applications Lead, you will be able to
demonstrate the skills, ability and experience required to do the
- Lead and participate in all web applications, website design
and programming activities.
- Lead QA/testers and be able to review/plan/update test
strategies. Include Section 508 testing requirements.
- Responsible for key website design and Search Engine
- Enforce compliance with ITIL Change and Release management best
- Work with DevOps engineers in order to plan, develop and
implement DevSecOps and CI/CD pipeline.
- Provides mentorship and technical advice to a team of
- Review requirements through engagement with Business Analysts
for accuracy and functional correctness.
- Create and update all relevant documentation and specifications
for design, development, and testing.
- Collaborate with customers, analysts, architects, DBAs,
operations, and testers.
- Responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable,
defect free code using development best practices and coding
standards (i.e., continuous integration, test automation, secure
development, peer/code review).
- Plans, research, and recommends new equipment, software tools,
and related technologies.
- Proactively ensure the quality of deliverables and continuous
improvement, as well as, and communicate with the development teams
what is required to achieve this effectively on tasks.
- Uses monitoring and performance analysis tools to troubleshoot
and isolate application performance issues.Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 8+ years of relevant
experience in the IT field.
- Experience with key website design principles and Search Engine
- Experience in writing database queries (SQL) and interfacing
applications with databases.
- Proficiency in website programming languages (HTML, .Net, Cold
- Experience enforcing compliance with ITIL Change and Release
management best practices.
- Experience working with DevOps engineers on planning,
developing, and implementing DevSecOps and CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience working with QLIK.
- Ability to use client input to create functional, creative, and
- Ability to test and debug websites.
- Knowledge of web application security vulnerabilities and how
to address them.
- Familiarity with continuous integration principles.
- Able to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-paced
- Ability to mentor junior developers in the team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.Requires
ability to obtain a Public Trust ClearanceDesired Requirements:
- Experienced with Agile framework and ability to apply best
practices using industry standardsthroughout all software
- Experience with Cloud DevOps (Azure, AWS) tooling.hhsnihPay
Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00The Leidos
pay range for this job level is a general guideline onlyand not a
guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered
in extending an offer include (but are not limited to)
responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with
market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other
Keywords: Leidos Inc, Bethesda , Applications Lead, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...