Program Facility Security Officer
Company: Leidos Holdings Inc.
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Program/Facility Security Officer, supporting multiple US Navy programs located at a US Government site in Bethesda, MD. Leidos' High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. This position requires an active Top Secret clearance.
This position will be responsible for the management of security for a US Government development and production facility in Bethesda, MD. This position will interact with US Government personnel for the handling of all facilities and program security related requirements. Candidate should be thoroughly familiar with Department of Defense and National Industrial Security Program (NISPOM). Candidate will participate in security assessments and will directly interface with customer and government security representatives. This position will be a peer back up to the Facility Security Officer at Leidos' Bethesda MD facility. Candidate will perform security duties including, but not limited to:
* Overseeing physical and IT security in cleared area(s). Determining needs and developing security process improvements as warranted, and obtaining customer concurrence to execute
* Conducting security education and training including refresher training
* Responsible for accountability of 5,000+ classified items for program personnel
* Overseeing receipt and transmittal of large volumes of classified media
* Overseeing classification markings and bibliography development
* Investigating, assessing, and reporting on security incidents
* Investigating and preparing reports and/or recommendations for preventative or corrective actions in areas requiring specific security expertise
* Developing and upgrading facility and program Security Operation Plans (SOPs) and other documentation. Developing new SOPs as warranted
* Advising management and the development teams with respect to security issues, and contribute to the success of the Business Area's programs
* Planning and overseeing execution of one time projects such as documentation marking, library reorganization, and material disposal.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
* Must have 4+ years security experience with, and have a solid knowledge of, the NISPOM, and must demonstrate an aptitude in many of the security duties of this job. Active Top Secret Clearance.
* Must have direct experience in a DCID and/or NISPOM environment, be familiar with physical/technical security, and have experience in information system security. Must be familiar with the proper procedures for handling of classified information. Must have a general understanding of JPAS.
* Must be reliable, dependable and trustworthy.
* Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence and a dedication to producing quality work results. Candidate must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to deal with conflicting customer requirements.
* Candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines, frequently with quick turnaround.
* Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment
* Proficiency with desktop computing platforms (PCs) and applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
* Experience with Linux
* Experience with Atlassian Products
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500 technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company's 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos' name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system - never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Keywords: Leidos Holdings Inc., Bethesda , Program Facility Security Officer, Other , Bethesda, Maryland
here to apply!