Company: J&J Worldwide Services
Posted on: November 15, 2022
DescriptionGeneral SummaryPosition cleans and maintains
appearance of all flooring surfaces throughout the facility in
accordance with standard procedures of the housekeeping department
and with hospital objectives. Assigned areas may included patient
rooms, nursing units, surgical areas, administrative offices,
laboratory areas, waiting areas, hallways, and public
- Performs sweeping, mopping, stripping and refinishing of hard
flooring surfaces following standard operating procedures.
- Vacuums and scrubs carpeted surfaces following standard
- Moves furniture and other objects as needed in order to
complete floor care and returns all moved items to their original
place upon completion.
- Monitors supply and requests additional cleaning solutions as
- Ensures all floor machines are kept clean and in proper working
- Handles various types of cleaning chemicals in compliance with
established guidelines and utilizing appropriate personal
protective equipment (PPE)
- Reports any conditions requiring maintenance attention or
repair to immediate supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Knowledge, Experience and
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a floor technician.
- Working knowledge of all types of flooring surfaces,
appropriate care, and proper use of chemicals and equipment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow detailed instructions in
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility.
Physical demands include intermittent sitting, standing, walking,
bending and lifting. stooping, kneeling, climbing, pushing,
pulling, reaching, and other use of hands; occasional lifting up to
50 lbs. and moving of furniture required.
- Operation of motorized equipment, such as floor stripping,
buffing and deep cleaning machines.
- Occasional exposure to chemicals such as cleaning solutions;
minimal exposure to blood and other bodily fluids.This job
description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of
the employer and requirements of the job change.We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
testing.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: J&J Worldwide Services, Bethesda , Floor Technician, Professions , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!