Company: American Medical Association
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Remote - Chicago IL, California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana,
Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, South Carolina,
Virginia, Wisconsin, Washington D.C.
The American Medical Association (AMA) is the nation's largest
professional Association of physicians and a non-profit
organization. We are a unifying voice and powerful ally for
America's physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise
of a healthier nation. To be part of the AMA is to be part of our
Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the
betterment of public health.
We continuously work to embed equity in our internal practices and
are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff across all
levels of the organization. We intentionally work to create the
right conditions to enable our employees to feel that they can be
their authentic selves and fully participate in the life of the
We encourage and support professional development for our
employees, and we are dedicated to social responsibility. We invite
you to learn more about us and we look forward to getting to know
We have an opportunity at our corporate offices in Chicago for a
Workflow Analyst on our Publishing and Mission Operations team.
This position can be hybrid (working from both office and home),
with a schedule to be determined by business needs.
As a Workflow Analyst you will execute daily pre- and
post-acceptance editorial and production
operational tasks for the AMA Ed Hub and assist in activities
associated with educational
content workflow management. Support existing processes (intake,
transform, and package/publish), tools, and standards. Coordinate
staff and outside vendors/partners to meet deadlines while
highest professional quality standards and providing white-glove
service for content providers, partners, and learners.
- Gather, document, and communicate requirements across the
content operations workflow.
- Identify and resolve system performance and workflow problems;
monitor inter-system interface/data transfer issues; gather
requirements for system development; identify efficiencies in
system-supported processes; bug reporting and tracking, analysis,
and reports.Support the technology workflow for educational
- Data transmission and delivery
- Workflow analysis and troubleshooting
- Content intake
- Data transformation (metadata and full text conversion/tagging
- Content proofing, revision requests, and QA across all
- Packaging and publishing structured and related binary files
delivery to AMA platforms, aggregators, and apps
- Maintenance of submission and production system Editorial
- Assist with coordinating projects assigned by Manager through
the development of plans, timelines, tasks, and resource
requirements, monitoring and controlling progress, executing
required actions, and ensuring proper closure and follow-up.
- Create detailed schedules.
- Coordinate assignments/milestones and execute in accordance
with approved plans and requirements.
- Ensure deliverables are on time and meet quality
- Identify and escalate issues and risks that need to be
mitigated to ensure completion of the project and take corrective
action as needed. Ability to work across departments.Communication
- Provide first-line support for incoming workflow-related
trouble calls and emails.
- Ensure that follow-up feedback is provided as issues are
resolved or if additional information is required for issue
- Create and maintain system and workflow documentation, ensuring
it is up to date and accurate.
- Assist with training of new users, including both internal and
external stakeholders, and coordinate efficient closed-loop
communication across the content production workflow.
- Ability to create user-friendly workflow documentation.May
include other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science,
graphic arts, journalism, or comparable experience with a strong
emphasis on electronic publishing systems required.
- 3+ years' experience with XML-based content markup,
transformation, and production workflow management systems required
(Aries Editorial/Production Manager preferred). Experience with
Adobe InDesign preferred.
- Experience required managing systems operations
(Silverchair/CME360 a bonus), tools, and applications in a
production environment, including database management, metadata,
tagging, DTDs (JATS highly preferred), storage, cross-platform
delivery, proofing systems, troubleshooting, packaging, and
- Working knowledge of and experience with electronic text
editing software/applications and basic file server structure
preferred; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat
Professional, and multiple web browsers required.
- Experience creating user documentation highly preferred.
Experience with Visio process diagrams or similar a plus.
- Experience required developing and managing projects for
multiple and diverse projects. Ability to convey complex technical
details in simple, business-specific terms required. Ability to
train staff on technical issues.
- Demonstrated positive attitude and proactive drive to help
resolve a wide range of issues. Position requires decisiveness and
- Ability to work independently, with a strong focus on problem
solving and systemic issue identification leading to optimized
process or workflow. High level of concentration, analytical
abilities, high-quality standards, and attention to detail
- Initiative and ability to organize and prioritize assignments.
Must have ability to manage stress in a fast-paced, deadline-driven
- AMA's safety and policy protocols require proof of full
vaccination against COVID19 for employment at AMA (including
booster when eligible). Employees may apply for a religious or
medical exemption from getting the vaccine.The American Medical
Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611
and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our
workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association
will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an
applicant's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability
status.THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE
Keywords: American Medical Association, Bethesda , Workflow Analyst, Professions , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!