USTDA Research Analyst (Multilingual)
Company: Manhattan Strategy Group
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Manhattan Strategy Group (MSG) is seeking a Research Analyst to
join a dynamic team in Bethesda, MD working together to deliver
best-in-class solutions to our current Federal clients, for
example, the United States Trade and Development Agency (USTDA). We
are looking for enterprising individuals with research and
comprehensive writing skills to join our high-powered team of
professionals on a part time or full-time basis.
The Research Analyst will perform research and evaluation of
international major infrastructure projects funded by the U.S.
Trade and Development Agency, and will produce recommendations on
strengthening evaluation processes, methodologies and measurements.
Submission of statistical analysis, reports and data will be
required. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of demonstrated
experience in monitoring and evaluation and knowledge and
experience in one of the following: international trade or
development, export promotion, foreign assistance, major
infrastructure projects /sectors, less-developed regions of the
world. The individual should be able to work both independently in
collecting data and in a team and have attention to detail and
excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of activities through
qualitative and quantitative data gathering and analysis.
- Perform research associated with the evaluation of foreign
major project feasibility study financing, reverse trade missions,
technical assistance and other activities.
- Gather information through surveys and interviews with key
project stakeholders including host-country and U.S. government
representatives, foreign company executives, and U.S. company
executives and project managers.
- Analyze the U.S. export and development impact results related
to specified projects and activities and the political, social,
procedural, and economic variables that contribute to a project's
or activity's success or failure in relation to these results.
- Collect and maintain the consistency of the data associated
with analysis and reports as prescribed by federal agency reporting
requirements, including but not limited to, project descriptions,
project financing details, suppliers' details, expected future
developments, contacts, and follow-up requirements. This will also
include identifying and documenting data gaps and taking steps to
- Synthesize findings into reports that create a narrative of a
project's technical details and evaluation process and
- Contribute substantially to a comprehensive report of trends,
impacts, outcomes and lessons learned, including recommendations
for evaluation process improvements.
- Manage data through databases and Excel datasets.
- Handle administrative matters including arranging meetings and
phone interviews, preparing forms, maintaining schedules, and
designing and maintaining other records relating to project
- Master's degree in international relations, program monitoring
and evaluation, international development, economics, public
policy, or related social science plus one year of program
evaluation work experience or relevant Bachelor's degree with two
years of program evaluation work experience. Candidates currently
pursuing master's degrees will be considered for a part time or
summer position but must have program evaluation work
- Very strong writing skills and demonstration of outstanding
ability to synthesize, articulate, and present technical
information in the English language.
- Fluency in Portuguese, Spanish, French, Arabic or Mandarin
sufficient to carry on a complex conversation on the
- Demonstrated social science and/or economics qualitative and
quantitative research ability.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following: international
development, major infrastructure projects or related sectors,
export promotion or foreign assistance programs, less-developed
regions and countries.
- Knowledge of Excel Spreadsheet functions
- Analytical and quantitative skills (statistical modeling skills
- Knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation strategies,
methodologies, objectives and data collection.
- Ability to work independently within a small group
- Detail-oriented ability to work at fast pace and meet
- Cross-cultural and professional communications skills
- Candidates must be lawfully admitted working in the United
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and proud to be
an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can
learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity
employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or protected
veteran status. Employment will be contingent on the outcome of a
background investigation and reference checks. While all
applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an
interview will be contacted.
Keywords: Manhattan Strategy Group, Bethesda , USTDA Research Analyst (Multilingual), Professions , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!